The Banana Chip Chronicles

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

RaveTomsy

The Banana Chip Chronicles

Post by RaveTomsy »

Thomasina's food includes banana chips mixed in, and I noticed that she usually went for them first when they turned up in her dish. This made me think that maybe she would like it if I bought some to give to her. Around this time, pretty much every store that sold banana chips prior inexplicably stopped. This was a point of frustration for me. Today, I visited a very nice natural food store and was able to purchase a self-scooped bag of banana chips. I got a good amount for a good price. I was in all my glory. I get them home, only to discover that she doesn't like them anymore.

She's a total fussy bratbird. So I jokingly gave her grief over how Mama had to make a special trip to a special store to get them and she wouldn't even take one, which she ignored in favor of a grape. :) Fortunately my hamsters Corky and Cheddar are total food fiends, so the banana chips won't go to waste.
MCLOV1N

Re: The Banana Chip Chronicles

Post by MCLOV1N »

Gotta love it! lol. I had similar with my Stevie my Red Rump and raisins, however a month later shes all about the raisins again. so if u do happen to find the banana chips easily available again it could be worth a re-visit.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Yes, that rang a bell so to speak.Sanjay can be fickle with foods, so I space them out a bit, when he gets them now and again he doesn't tire if them. Mind you, he never tires of chilli and bell peppers !
RaveTomsy

Post by RaveTomsy »

The one thing Thomasina never tires of is popcorn. I keep a plastic bag full of it for her (stove-popped from the kernels with a little bit of vegetable oil, no butter or anything like that) right at the stand where her cage is placed in the living room. I inadvertantly trained her to ring her bell for it (foolishly not expecting her to actually be listening when I said it), so she goes across the front of her cage, rings her bell, and comes back to the water dish to take it and dunk it in her water (which is usually where EVERYTHING she eats ends up). Apparently she's greatly amused by this, as she can keep it up for a good hour or two, and I always have to change the water after when she does because it'll be a graveyard for soggy popcorn bits.