Never a dull moment!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

mattcoffs

Never a dull moment!

Post by mattcoffs »

So my new life with Sammy i think i've come to terms with there never being a dull moment!

Sammy chews almost everything she can find around my house if it's not boarded up. She is obsessed with mobile phones and TV remotes the most. Took her about 3 minutes to figure out how to remove the battery case from the remote, and now it's so quick! If i'm not paying attention and she's snuck over and found the remote, and taken off the case, she'll run away with it so i can't get it!

She'll steal guitar picks from my mouth while i'm not playing. She walks over guitars while i'm playing, nibbles at the strings...

She sulks when i call her up on biting me, dips her head down and clucks away... She's all cuddles after that!

She's just so funny, and random. I've taught her a bunch of easy tricks - so i thought i'd buy one of those little skateboards and see if she'll play with it.

She is petrified of it! I just can't believe a bird, who's never had a problem climbing around seemingly massive odd shaped instruments would be scared of a little toy, or why!

My drummer leant me an electric drumkit while he's in Bali this week - and she'll literally try and bite at the sticks while i'm playing, or tuck under my arm, or try and eat the drumkit! I just find it so funny she's not scared of any of this stuff, but some random objects scare the bajeezers out of her!

Funny little bird!
Kiki22

Re: Never a dull moment!

Post by Kiki22 »

That's why I love IRNs :) Sounds like my boy (Mr.) Amber. At first he used to spend the most of the day out of his cage and only go in at night but the more confident he got the more destructive he got! Like yours, he loves the TV remote but only because he has a fetish for anything rubber so most buttons on 2 of our remotes are manky and chewed :/ Various childrens toys destroyed (because ofcourse they don't listen to me to pick their things up), many thongs picked to bits but the final straw was when he plucked about a dozen keys off our new laptop in a matter of about 30 seconds. He also can't stand anyone writing, as soon as you pick up a pen or pencil and start writing he charges over and tries to wrestle it out of your hands. We have had Amber for just over 3 years now and also have 2 other handraised IRNs in with him but he is my biggest baby and the only one who insists on having a shower with me each morning, hanging upside down off my arm flapping his wings like a right twit! Love him to bits so know how you feel about your Sammy :)
mattcoffs

Post by mattcoffs »

That's so funny Kiki!

Sammy also reacts the same to writing! If i have a bit of writing to do i sometimes use a pen with no inner ink first - she'll come take it and chew it while i get another one and continue. Works sometimes, but others she'll just drop it and want the one i'm using! haha

Her most favourite thing to do is sit on the shower head while i take a shower (not getting wet). She gets in when she wants to, but just loves sitting there she whistles and clucks like crazy! I don't know what it is about it she likes so much... LOL
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

My guys also like pens and anything rubber, especially remote controls. The Wiimote is Janey's most fav thing! It has buttons and a rubber coating! Janey especially likes pens that have the padding where you put your fingers.

Matt - my Janey also clucks and coos in the shower...

Considering they all behave very similarly it shows they have really strong instincts!

Ellie.