Im a daddy!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Im a daddy!

Post by Lauren »

Some of you might know that a few months ago I gave up my female to a rescue. The hardest decision Id ever had to make and regret it everyday! My 11 year old boy Jibby lost his wife, his only companion hes had and has not been interested in the baby of theirs we kept named 'Cookie' since she left. They share a cage but would rather keep to their sides of the cage and not share anything. Today my boy Jibby is prancing around Cookie chatting away like hes only just discovered he is a father haha. Then they started sharing food! Im happy to see he is accepting life without 'Lola' and getting to know his baby 'Cookie'. Just needed to share. Its a big moment for us! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Re: Im a daddy!

Post by Melika »

awww, I just saw this. That's so sweet- I'm glad Jibby is getting along with her!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

Wow that is great, congrats you. It's very important that he accepted the babe. Wish you all the best :D
CharlieCheekyTaj

Post by CharlieCheekyTaj »

Why did you have to rehome Lola if you loved her so much?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hi sorry its taken me a while to reply. Lola didnt like my partner at all. When we moved into this house 2 years ago she started to screetch at him whenever he was in the room. Even when he would ignore her. The non stop alarm call everyday. If it was just me living here, I would have no problem with it and just ignored it until she stopped completely. But it was causing alot of conflict in the home with my family and bad tempers. I had no control over it. I wish I could have been able to give her space. But it was out of my control. I found a great guy who takes unwanted birds and either cares for them or rehomes them. She was not unwanted by me. She was given everything I could have given her. I love her. But Im happy to know she is living her life happily in an avairy with other ringnecks.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year