Newbie from PA

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Joanie

Newbie from PA

Post by Joanie »

Hello! i just found this forum today and am excited to be here. i have had a pair of silver IRN for 2 weeks now and really enjoy having them. they are so pretty and interesting to watch. they are about 2yrs old not hand tame.

i also have 2 parakeets and a cockatiel. i have had the tiel for about 3 weeks. she is hand tame and sweet but every other day she lays an egg and is pretty nasty till i can get it away from her. then she is back to her sweet self.
is this normal behavior for a tiel? will laying so many eggs be harmful or is it just normal?

i had an amazon for 10yrs and recently rehomed her to a wonderful new family. so i am now adjusting to my new smaller quieter bird family. hoping someday to hear a hello from my IRN.

looking forward to being a part of this group!

Joanie
rebecca malka

Re: Newbie from PA

Post by rebecca malka »

Welcome Joaniee, I live in Israel , but I am originally from Montreal!At present have 19 IRN's/ 10 were bred and hatched in or aviary cage. I am not a breeder for business. These are all my birds, some were purchased, the rest hatched here. We exchanged a Blue male for a Yellow IRN with a friend of ours. I think I may have received a female when I was looking for a yellow mate for my Goldie, a Yellow female.
It doesn't matter I will purchase a confrimed male if no ring comes in and if this bird Ringo shows any more female tendencies. This year from my pair of Blues, hatched two blues and an Albino.
smallworld

Re: Newbie from PA

Post by smallworld »

:lol: