Hello from Los Angeles!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

HeatherG

Hello from Los Angeles!

Post by HeatherG »

I am about to become the owner of a blue lacewing Ringneck...TOMORROW. I'm very excited! I'm so happy to join and get to know you all. I've done so much research but am ready learn all the more with hands on experience and your vast knowledge.

Heather
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Los Angeles!

Post by ringneck »

Welcome Heather,

Let me first start out to say we are glad to have you here! We would like to give you a warm welcome :) . I am glad you did your research before you decided to get a ringneck. They make such wonderful parrots. Their antics are so funny, they are so smart, intelligent, and just out going birds. I am so excited for you! Welcome to our family online!

IMRAN
Pounamu

Post by Pounamu »

Welcome.
HeatherG

Post by HeatherG »

I picked up Dexter from the breeder on Sunday and I am absolutely in love. We bonded quite quickly. He has also taken a special interest in my oldest son, who is 8 years old. They only have supervised time, but they do enjoy each other.

Dexter is an unusually colored bird. He is primarily white...He has a white head and breast, with cream colored wings and tail, and his underbelly and neck are tinged with a pale blue. His eyes are the most beautiful violet color. Technically, he is a pallid but at first glance you might think he is an albino. As soon as I figure out how, I'll put a picture of him in my signature line. He's 6 months old, and he's potty trained.

I could go on and on about my little fid, but I will save it...lol

Heather
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Heather and congrats on Dexter. Sounds beautiful.

Oh, and brag all you want here! ;)
HeatherG

Post by HeatherG »

LOL Is that how I sounded? (blushing) I just can't help it. Sad part is I am beginning to think he likes my kids better than me.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Its cold over on the east coast! Hows the weather in L.A? Goodluvk with your new ringneck and post as much as you want, we will help.
HeatherG

Post by HeatherG »

It's raining here, we have a big storm this week, but I bet you'd take this weather over yours any day!

Thanks for the welcome. I am having oodles of questions come up, I'm sure I'll make you all sick with them. I'm so grateful to have found you all.