The Ninja Bird & me

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ninja

The Ninja Bird & me

Post by Ninja »

Hey everyone!

My name is Heidi & I'm from Perth Western Australia

My 2 year old boy (just found out 2 weeks ago with the growth of a couple of black ring feathers!) is named Ninja & he is a bit of a spunkrat & a crazy character! His vocab is becoming quite large & one of the things he loves doing is calling our cat in at night by saying "C'mon Coug, Cooogs, Cougar, C'mon, c'mon"

He adopted me a year ago by landing at my work & refusing to leave. After much advertising & vet ringing for lost/found birds I couldn't find his owner so he became ours & he has been by my side ever since :-)

Looking forward to chatting here & learning more about these gorgeous creatures!

If you would like, you can see pics I took of him on my website http://www.HeidiR.com.au

Cheers!

Heidi & Ninja
Pounamu

Re: The Ninja Bird & me

Post by Pounamu »

Welcome.

I like the photo of the praying mantis.
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

What a brilliant way to become an owner!

How do you successfully photograph an IRN?! They're so inquisitive towards the camera, Ronny simply wants to grab the lens and eat the shiny bits!
Ninja

Post by Ninja »

Pounamu wrote:Welcome.

I like the photo of the praying mantis.
Thanks! He turned up while we were having a BBQ!
Kray Twins wrote:What a brilliant way to become an owner!

How do you successfully photograph an IRN?! They're so inquisitive towards the camera, Ronny simply wants to grab the lens and eat the shiny bits!
Yes it was! They say pets choose their owners so it was pretty cool!

Photographing pets... lots of patience & quick reflexes to grab the shot at the right time! Ninja wants to play with my camera but he knows he isn't allowed to. He likes sitting on my shoulder while I photograph so I let him do this sometimes when I am taking shots at home & messing around. Sometimes I bring him in the studio to sit on my shoulder while I am doing a childs portrait shoot as he makes them laugh & the light in their eyes changes into such delight when he whistles & chats to the little ones! It makes for a beautiful photo!

As for your own IRN, takes lots of lots of photos if you are using a digital camera because you can always delete them & you will highly likely get a great shot at the same time! It also helps to let him/ her stand on something so you can move away & take photos of him. If they are on your hand they can quickly run up to grab your camera! I've got a funny shot of my daughter holding him for some fun studio shots & Ninja got fed up & flew off her shoulder to come back to me. I got the shot of him as a shadow as he was flying away from her & it looks pretty funny I reckon!

Good luck with your photos!!