Hi! I am new to this site and new to having an IRN.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

jeannier

Hi! I am new to this site and new to having an IRN.

Post by jeannier »

Hello from Montana. I adopted an IRN from our local shelter 2 weeks ago. They had received a call from someone who had found it in their garage. They had the bird listed as a Quaker. When I went in to take a look I knew that it wasnt a Quaker. I had someone say that they thought it was a mustache parakeet. I had never heard of that so came home and started looking. Clicked on the IRN (hadnt heard of them either) link and there was my bird. I am not sure of the sex (I think it is a girl), but am flirting with DNA testing. "Kiwi" has adjusted well in our home. She really likes my grandson. She will take food from his hand but not from anyone else. I have been doing what was suggested on a post and I eat by her cage. She is finally coming down and eating from me, but only when I am sitting, if I stand she wants nothing to do with me. I cant wait to work with her and earn her trust so I can hold her. I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the information that is given on this site!
Jeannie
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family and Welcome to the world of IRN's

You are in for an amazing journey, good and bad, but totally wonderful and rewarding

:D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Congrats to your family on bringing in Kiwi.

Soon I am sure you will win the trust. Then you won't be able to get away from the little bugger.
Allie
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi jeannier.

lol wonder how they got a Quaker out of a IRN :lol:

Kiwi sounds like s/he is fitting in well to take food from your grandson.
jeannier

Post by jeannier »

Thanks for the welcome. I have added a picture of Kiwi for all to see.
Jeannie