New comer from Australia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

New comer from Australia

Post by Loading... »

Hello everyone.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate you all on such a gorgeous friendly community. Such a pleasure to simply read all the fantastic advise from experienced IRN owners. So sick of all the pet police you find on other forums!

At the moment I'm getting together all of the things I need before I purchase my FIRST IRN... almost there thanks to the fantastic advice I've found here.

Looking forward to being able to show you all some pictures very soon and all the trail ad tribulations of owning a IRN
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome aboard Loading... (cool name btw :))

Glad you have found this forum helpful and inviting enough for you to join us.

Congrats on almost having your first IRN. :D Do you have a colour preference?

I believe ringies have such a bad reputation for such a intelligent bird.

I have 3 sweetest ringies here, such cuddlebugs with one never have biten me or gone through the bluffing stage while a 4th one is a bit more boisterous, (working on him/her atm).

Don't forget to post pics of him/her when you finally get to bring 'em home. :)

Post by Loading... »

Naw, thanks for the worm welcome.

I personally don't have a colour preference they are all such gorgeous things >_< but my partner does, it was a bit of a chore to get him to come around to the idea of having an irn and he LOVES the colour green so green it will be.

THREE! what a handful.
I'm definitely aware of the reputation, it is a shame isn't it. all of the irn's I've had the pleasure to handle and be around have been such interesting individuals.

I will definitely been posting up piccies as soon as I can. I think I'll have to try very hard not to be a stage mum.
julie

Post by julie »

Hello and welcome 8) stage mum away, we love pics and updates :D please feel free to ask as many questions as you have. I would highly recommend getting a hand raised hand tame baby as your first Irn.
I have a normal green Alexandrian and I love the color, I don't however have any normal green Irns.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Loading... wrote:Naw, thanks for the worm welcome.

THREE! what a handful.
lol I have a few more than just 3, but they are the ones that I have inside, them plus a few more other birds :roll: :roll:
_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

Welcome to the family :) im curious to see your IRN when you get so we'll be waiting for photos :)
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/

Post by Loading... »

Good advice julie,

I've been speaking to a breeder over the last week and that's definitely what I'll be doing.

Oh Pink, I'd love to have more than one, that would take A LOT of convincing the other half :lol:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Loading... wrote: Oh Pink, I'd love to have more than one, that would take A LOT of convincing the other half :lol:
A good cooked meal always helps :wink: and if that doesn't get you anywhere, tears & tanties does wonders also :lol: :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

Loading... wrote:Naw, thanks for the worm welcome.

I personally don't have a colour preference they are all such gorgeous things >_< but my partner does, it was a bit of a chore to get him to come around to the idea of having an irn and he LOVES the colour green so green it will be.

THREE! what a handful.
I'm definitely aware of the reputation, it is a shame isn't it. all of the irn's I've had the pleasure to handle and be around have been such interesting individuals.

I will definitely been posting up piccies as soon as I can. I think I'll have to try very hard not to be a stage mum.
three is a handfull?
i have 6
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family Loading... Gotta love that name, lol very clever. Can't wait to hear all about your new Fid with it finally comes and see pics. Glad you are here, best family to be a part of if you are opting for an IRN as a pet, great place for sharing caring and advice. I am sure your experiences will add all the more.

One thing that is so rewarding about an IRN is that they are so personality filled and challenging. Real little characters. You can't just own them like alot of other birds, you have to know them, no way out of it. :wink: and its soooooo much fun.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Post by Loading... »

Cheers kyria!

Sadly I'm in the process of doing a big move so I'm waiting until I'm all settled and set up again so there might be a bit longer of a wait than I'd like. I so so so can't wait. I keep torturing myself and looking at the vids and pics up here!