Here's Bingo!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kholland

Here's Bingo!!

Post by kholland »

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad that I found this website. I've kept birds before: budgies, a cockatiel, and most recently my African Grey, Georgie. Unfortunately, I had to make the heart-wrenching decision a few weeks ago to have Georgie put to sleep after she started having horrible seizures one day. She was only 6. The vet ruled out calcium issues as well as metal poisoning and said she thought there was a BIG problem with her brain stem. As I put myself back together after her loss, I decided I couldn't NOT have another bird and remembered video I'd seen of an IRN.

I live in Iowa, and as much as I've read of how popular IRNs are getting, I couldn't find one ANYWHERE local! The closest breeder I could locate with an IRN available was Arkansas, so my daughter and I spent 2 days (22 hours of driving!) going after our new baby, whom we call Bingo. Let me tell you, s/he was SO worth the drive! What a sweet bird. Its only been a week since we brought Bingo home, but s/he's gone from flapping and running about the cage when we reach in, to trying to hop on our hands when we reach in the cage WITHOUT the intention of picking him/her up. :D I sent off a DNA sexing card yesterday, so hopefully we'll know sometime next week if we have a boy or a girl. I'm thinking its a boy, given the calmness Bingo has developed so quickly after getting home and a few tameness training sessions. (The breeder brought Bingo out of the cage by grabbing his/her little body and Bingo's little feet were just flailing about. The breeder remarked that Bingo didn't quite know how to perch yet.)

Anyway, I'm the shy sort and mostly like to sit back and observe, but I wanted to introduce myself and my new baby. :wink: Here's a picture of Bingo I took today, his/her 2-month hatchday!!

CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Bingo is really pretty.
My boy is just over 3 months.
Funny you should say your bird just jumps on anytime, so does mine and I am like no, not now, go to bed. Today I was cleaning the floor by his cage and felt as if someone was watching me....I turned my head and he had climbed down the cage and was right by the side of my face watching me and waiting for his chance to jump on.
They are a please you will enjoy Bingo.......and nice to have you both on the forum.
Allie
Thomisco7

Post by Thomisco7 »

Awww Very Nice Bird And I MUst Say That Is Nice Colour Too, I Hope Your Future Go Good With Bingo :D

I Getting Mine Next Week, Cant Wait :D
<3 Sam Already :lol:
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Yea, Indian Ring necks are not popular. I could not find a breeder in my state, but i have one. I think they are more then great. Any questions, just keep on posting! :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

G'day :D

You were sooooo lucky to have had the privilege of owning an Grey. I will get one, one day.

Wow, that is dedication driving 22 hours to get your new bub, good on you. :) :)

Congrats on Bingo....s/he looks very very cute!

Many happy memories ahead for you both. :)