First post , Hello

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

stripey

First post , Hello

Post by stripey »

Hello
Even though I joined last year, this is my first post.
My name Is Paul, I live in Hobart, Tasmania.
I have a lovely green IRN, his name is Boris (could be Doris but I'm not sure yet) he is 2 years old. He was found in a nest just undergound in an aviary just after hatching, a sibling was already dead.
After a few weeks of anxious times and initially 2 hr feedings, and trips to the Vet he pulled through and has grown to become a favourite member of our family. He does evey thing with us, does not like to be left out. He loves computer mice, has killed 2 of 'em already.(lol)
Image less than a week old
Image nearly 2 months old
I'll update the pics when I can find them.
Cheers for now
Paul
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

he's really cute!! welcome here :)
tucker

Post by tucker »

Hi Paul...My name is Bridgette, I am also from Hobart. I have just joined this great forum today!!! I have 2 IRN's. We have a blue hen, "Bonnie", and her mate, a grey/green male, called "Clyde". They are 4 years old. I have only had them for about 3 months, they arent tame. They have just presented me with 2 eggs. Bonnie laid the first egg on Friday and the second one this morning, (Sunday). I hope she will have more, as I am hoping to hand raise 2.
Your little guy/girl looks sooooo cute. I love the name Boris/Doris.
I plan on pulling 2 babies once they have their pin feathers. Maybe you could give me some pointers on what you did to have such great success with your little one.
Cheers... :lol:
TD

Post by TD »

Lots of people from the beautiful state of Tassie, welcome guys, I love Tassie, been there 5 times, I can't stay away!!

Cheers

Tim
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Stripey !

Another Tassie huh.....I'm in NSW at the moment.

Wow what a cutey Boris/Doris was when younger.

You must have down a wonderful job to have Boris wanting to be with you all the time. :)

Can't wait till you find the other photos :)

8)
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

If Boris or Doris is 2 yrs old now and still doesn't have any rigs then its more than likely a Doris. Isn't it wonderful when they want to be with you all the time and want to be part of everything you do. My Raja is like that also. if he's not with me he's not happy and right now he's clipped so he has to walk everywhere. as soon as I leave him he's running after me screaming as if to say wait for me I'm coming. :D The really are wonderful little companions. Do you have any other birds or is Boris?doris a only bird. I'd love to see some pictures of him/her all grown up . Welcome to our community and keep on posting
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Hi there. Wow another Taswegian! Welcome Paul and Boris (Love the name!) Boris is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!. Hope to see you around on the board. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year