Hiiiiiiiiii! Budgie Lady with IRN!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ikklehen

Hiiiiiiiiii! Budgie Lady with IRN!

Post by ikklehen »

Hi everyone! I rescue budgies and have 9 lovely babies at the moment :D I also just rescued a 2 year old IRN, Beauty! :D
So here we go! Beauty is having his first day with me today, and he is snoozing away upstairs at the present in his cage.
I am a little anxious however because I don't want Beauty to mix with my budgies because I have read a lot of advice that it can be dangerous and nasty! :?:
During the day, Beauty and my budgies share my front room but are closely supervised by me, the budgies have voile curtains draw and clip across their quarters when Beauty comes out for a play.
Also when I go out I will put Beauty in his cage in a nice corner in the kitchen where he can watch the world go by from near the window and listen to the radio. I have to then keep that door shut until I get back home and normality can resume.
He was amazing today, he listens to me jabbering on to him, he takes nibbles from me in or out of his cage! And he even climbed on my shoulder!!!
However I have 2 sore ears and a chunk out of my index finger! LOLOL I just had to cover my ears when he climbed on me because he is a bit nibbly!
:shock: ....he's lovely - I hope we bond well! xxx
Nice to meet you all here! I look forward to reading all your stories and advice! xxx
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello ikklehen :D

Another birdie fanatic....good to see. :)

Beauty sounds like a very mischievous IRN lol

What colour is Beauty?

My tame girl Jasper is a lutino and likes to have ALL the attention.

They certainly do have a good bite on them don't they? lol

Good luck with the bonding......sounds like things are off to a good start.

8)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family darlin ! :D Sounds like you have been bitten by the IRN bug :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Welcome to the community! Sounds like your bird is a sweety. :)
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

Hi I'm a new Irn owner myself only I got mine as a baby. I also rescue birds I have 3 rescues only nine are big birds Tyco is a Congo African Grey I rescued 10 months ago from horrible abuse. Then I have and Yellow crowned Amazon rescue and a Fiery Shouldered Conure these are my rescues I also have three that I bought as baby's. so welcome to this forum I hope you enjoy it