New IRN owner

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Esco96

New IRN owner

Post by Esco96 »

Hey, so i guess il be visiting this site alot now haha. I just bought a IRN of blue colour around 2 weeks ago and i love him to bits already lol. This little rascal did stress me out at first as i didnt know the bond takes a while to make but now hes a lovely boy on his way to being tamed and sitting on my shoulder. When i first bought Itachi (yes i named him after my fave naruto character) he was a handfull never wanted to even see me or let me near his cage. Now he has a massive cage with loads of toys and hes grinding his beak non stop which ive read is really positive :p

After many attempts of getting close to him and failing i truely believed i had no choice but to clip his wing and so we got only one side of the wing clipped. Lots of people said he would lose balance as he tried to land but it worked a treat he can still fly little distances at hights not so high and he alwayz returns to his cage now. Not to mention he rubbed himself on my foot for the first time :)

Hes a lovely boy with just a bit :-??
Mellie

Re: New IRN owner

Post by Mellie »

Preview: Thankyou
Hello, Thank you so much for Replying to my post about rehoming Cookie, quite a few of the members have read my post, but no has replied except you. I am a bit sad myself about that, I can only think that they have their own thoughts about how I did not hold back my feelings, but that is exactly how I feel about Mr Cookie.

I have approached the RSPCA about rehoming and for a donation and giving them a copy of my will they would find some one who would accept him. It is so hard, as Cookie has so many things and so much freedom here . He is used to his home and his garden and his food and well his whole life.
how do you write on paper what times he likes to play, to eat, To sleep, to have a bath and a trillion things that make up his life from dawn to dark.

his favorite toys , food, blankets, people, ( he is not used to many people and they are mainly the people from Blu care who look in on us regularly, However he is not very fond of any of them.He will often pin his eyes and look where the most convenient place it is to bite them.
He does not like children, he cryes when I need to go out, and he will sit next to me all days if I . He do not feel well. he loves to read with me, with his page out of my magazine, chewing on it happily till we both are done with reading.
So much there is about our relationship, ringnecks are so smart and always watching . He is not scared on any kitchen appliances, watching me cook, food processor making a big racket does not faze him one bit. He knows that the end product will be in his food bin ultimately.
He loves whole raw almonds, a little piece of roast chicken, all of food is macro organic, please feed your bird well he will so apreciate a very large choice of different foods, allowing that you keep the bad foods away. Yes he loves a treat of sunflower seeds but at most 3 as they are junk food for birds of any kind.
It has been such a wonderful life with him, and yes he loves me and will mourn if he is taken away, but life does not allow time for living over and above the time just for a little bird.

So thank you again for your note, and go to this link for the most perfect recipes for ringnecks, there are a multitude of great food ides there. Look at all the tips and plans not only toast, ok?
https://www.thespruce.com/healthy-break ... ds-3858710
Regards Mellie
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't remember reading Any post about Cookie, or the reason Why you want to rehome this adorable fid.
Esco96

Post by Esco96 »

Mellie wrote:Preview: Thankyou
Hello, Thank you so much for Replying to my post about rehoming Cookie, quite a few of the members have read my post, but no has replied except you. I am a bit sad myself about that, I can only think that they have their own thoughts about how I did not hold back my feelings, but that is exactly how I feel about Mr Cookie.

I have approached the RSPCA about rehoming and for a donation and giving them a copy of my will they would find some one who would accept him. It is so hard, as Cookie has so many things and so much freedom here . He is used to his home and his garden and his food and well his whole life.
how do you write on paper what times he likes to play, to eat, To sleep, to have a bath and a trillion things that make up his life from dawn to dark.

his favorite toys , food, blankets, people, ( he is not used to many people and they are mainly the people from Blu care who look in on us regularly, However he is not very fond of any of them.He will often pin his eyes and look where the most convenient place it is to bite them.
He does not like children, he cryes when I need to go out, and he will sit next to me all days if I . He do not feel well. he loves to read with me, with his page out of my magazine, chewing on it happily till we both are done with reading.
So much there is about our relationship, ringnecks are so smart and always watching . He is not scared on any kitchen appliances, watching me cook, food processor making a big racket does not faze him one bit. He knows that the end product will be in his food bin ultimately.
He loves whole raw almonds, a little piece of roast chicken, all of food is macro organic, please feed your bird well he will so apreciate a very large choice of different foods, allowing that you keep the bad foods away. Yes he loves a treat of sunflower seeds but at most 3 as they are junk food for birds of any kind.
It has been such a wonderful life with him, and yes he loves me and will mourn if he is taken away, but life does not allow time for living over and above the time just for a little bird.

So thank you again for your note, and go to this link for the most perfect recipes for ringnecks, there are a multitude of great food ides there. Look at all the tips and plans not only toast, ok?
https://www.thespruce.com/healthy-break ... ds-3858710
Regards Mellie
Hey Mellie,

Its no problem i couldnt hold myself to reply as i can obviously sense your strong feelings for cookie in your words, id just like you to know that you have given him a great life as much as you can and you can still give him some more, i hope that you find someone worthy of your little one and have no regrets in the end. People like you are beautiful to even think to care for a creature even after you will pass. But like i said you can still give him some yeara 75 is not that old :p i hope it goes well for you and cookie and you have the best time you lot can :)

As for my Itachi todays the first time he took an apple from me, first through his cage and seconds just as he stood outside it, so big breakthrough lol i want to start taming him with the perch to finger method but do you think it will be ok to grab him by force as he still does run away a bit and put him in the bathroom or just let him get used to me more first? (Either way im guessing il have to grab him to take him sooner or later)

Regards, Esco
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Mellie, I worked for the RSPCA and they only take neglected or badly treated animals, if you live in the UK, check out The Parrot Zoo, they have a website, I have donated to them several times, they rescue parrots.