playing with my ringneck parrot

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Teresartist

playing with my ringneck parrot

Post by Teresartist »

I am not entirely new here, but have not posted much. I have a question, if you can help me out. While I have been a bird owner before this, I adopted an Indian Ring Neck Parrot about six months ago. I really love him and I think we have bonded, but sometimes I feel like he is just bored. I give him a good bit of freedom. He can fly some. But other than offering a variety of foods and the fact that he can talk a bit and is interested in listening to words that I say, I wonder if anyone can offer some suggestions about how I might play or entertain him a bit more. I just want him to be happy. Thanks!
sanjays mummi

Re: playing with my ringneck parrot

Post by sanjays mummi »

Foot toys when he is out, my bird loves simple things like the unused dosage caps from laundry detergent bottles, small chews that are sold for hamsters and Guinea pigs (fruit flavoured wood), cat balls with bells in the middle. If you have the space, a play stand, my bird potters around on the top of my TV cabinet. I'm sure you can think of other things.