Mojito

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Amélia

Mojito

Post by Amélia »

Hello all, my family and I just adopted Mojito. He is a 4 year old, Green IRN, and the most loving bird I have ever met.

A little history.
Our family consists of
Myself
My BF
His 9yr old daughter
My 5yr old son
a White Face female tiel
and a 20gal saltwater tank.

How we came about finding Mojito was very random. We were out and about Saturday, and we wanted to go to a local pet store (that we utilize often for our tank) just to see what they had. So while the bf and my kiddo were off looking around, I noticed the birds, and went to say "hello". Mojito caught my attention with his beautiful plumage and how amazingly quiet he was. I set my wrist on his perch, and without hesitation he did what could only be described as a "run" up my arm to my shoulder. I turned my neck to look at him, made the "kiss face" and he pushed his beak up against my lips...*sigh* I was in love! So after several minutes of holding him, it was time to go. :( My bf and I spoke it over and decided that we would sleep on it, look up some information on the species, and make a decision at a later time. Sunday morning comes, and he looks at me and says "well I guess you should probably go wash the other cage!" I didn't think I would hear those words, so I was shocked and elaited! On our way to the pet store, we stopped at a local Barnes & Noble to try to find a book on IRNs. Unfortunately we were unable to find any literature on just IRNs, but found some info in a couple of parrot books. We picked him up a bit later and brought him home. He was the quietest thing on the car ride home, didn't make a peep, just sat on his pearch preening. I was shocked, I figured he would have been screaming up a storm, it was his first time in a cage, in the car, and new people (with a 5 year old lil boy right next to the cage staring). We got him home, and things have been going great. He is becoming a bit more vocal. I take him out all the time, and it's a rare occasion if I don't have him on my shoulder. He LOVES kisses. Still very timid around fingers, but we'll work on that. He doesn't speak yet, and I understand that there is no promise of speech (which is fine, I fell in love w/him, not what he might be able to do), but I talk to him a lot, to encourage the mimic of speech. He loves all of us, but I have a feeling I might be his preferred. So far we have found his favorite food is Watermelon, followed closely by Bananas and Broccoli. He does have a habit of chewing on shirts, so any suggestions as to training him not to (I like my shirts! LOL) would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

[/img]
Mojito (Male Green IRN)
Ki Ki (Female White Face Tiel)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Nice pics! He really is an awesome bird. BTW, I'm the BF, LOL. :D
2 Bird Family
Ki-Ki (Female White-face Tiel)
Nacho (baby male Lutino)
Mojito (male-green IRN) RIP
Bella

Post by Bella »

Welcome to you both :D they are gorgeous :wink:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a great story and a beautiful bird is Mojito. Love the name, how did it come about?

The tiel is a cutie to. I have 3 of them :)

Oh yeah, welcome to you all!!!! lol

8)
TD

Post by TD »

That's a great read!
threio

Post by threio »

Have mercy he is beautiful. Great story, I can barely get a human to kiss me! Threio says hi to Mojito!
Karla010507

Post by Karla010507 »

Hello, :) :D

My IRN Pepe and I would like to Welcome you, your BF, your Kids, and your Bird Fids. Those are wonderful pics of Mojito and Kiki. Congratulations on adopting Mojito and making a wonderful addition to your family with him. Pepe and I enjoyed your pics of Mojito and Kiki and hope to see more. :) :D :)
Thanxs
Attentively,

Karla and my wonderful IRN Pepe
Amélia

Post by Amélia »

Thank you so much for the compliments. He is gorgeous, and I have a feeling he might be well aware of that fact! LOL
I was originally going to name him "Kiwi", but Mojito seemed more him. Matt (bf) was very happy about the decision in names. Kiwi sounds too much like Ki Ki. I am sure we will have more pictures after this weekend. Ki Ki, our Tiel, actually flew onto Mojito's cage yesterday, so I think it is time for more formal introductions :wink: Wish us luck!
Mojito (Male Green IRN)
Ki Ki (Female White Face Tiel)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It seems like a very nice group here. I will take credit for converting my GF into a bird nut. It all started with a little Tiel I named Ki-Ki. Now we've got this IRN. LOL :lol:
2 Bird Family
Ki-Ki (Female White-face Tiel)
Nacho (baby male Lutino)
Mojito (male-green IRN) RIP
Bella

Post by Bella »

Newcastle wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It seems like a very nice group here. I will take credit for converting my GF into a bird nut. It all started with a little Tiel I named Ki-Ki. Now we've got this IRN. LOL :lol:

I was converted by my partner :roll: i wasnt much for birds but when i saw billy that was it now i have a green irn a grey irn and a tiel the grey and tiel i just adopted and have a few problems poor little things but i love them :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I have always been an animal lover, didn't matter what kind of animal. :)

What got me into birds was just over 2 years ago, I was at my B/Fs friends place and he keeps birds. At the time his IRNs were breeding and he showed me a baby Lutino just a few weeks old. Well I didn't give it back!!!! lol and my collection has slowly grown over the 2 years.

So it's all their fault! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
countrygal_cc

;-)

Post by countrygal_cc »

What a pretty baby ;-)
Park outside where the air is cool...