hi VG here

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

vgonline

hi VG here

Post by vgonline »

hello all...this is a gr8 place to be in...very recently i bought a INR (dont know male or female... ). I named it KuKoo...i am very excited..can some one tell me the gender please/...snaps attached.

thanks
lukng fwd to get some advice on training too !
:D
Karla010507

Post by Karla010507 »

Hello and Welcome! :D :)

My IRN Pepe and I would like to welcome you and Kukoo (what a great and unique name). How old is he/she? There is no way visually you can tell if an IRN is male or female under the age of 3 years other than DNA Bird Sexing. Males grow a black ring at sexual maturity (2-3 years), and the Females do not get a black ring, but get a slightly green or depending on the color very pale ring. Wonderful Pics of Kukoo, Pepe and I are hoping to see more pics of Kukoo in the future. :) :D
Thanxs
Attentively,

Karla and my wonderful IRN Pepe
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome Karla010507 & Kukoo

Kukoo is a cutie :)

8)
vgonline

Post by vgonline »

thanks guys....will keep you posted... :D :lol:
Ed Loschi

hey good luck with your fid

Post by Ed Loschi »

Your little fid is beautiful but it is too soon to tell its sex yet using feather color patterns, but you could use dna testing.

You have a green IRN, to me that is the wild-type feather color; and it looks like she is begining to molt, noting that loose feather.

A green IRN male will have a ROSE colored ring around the nape and a will have a BLACK throat and black line along the bottom of the cheeks fading into the rose ring.

A female green IRN will not have any black or rose colored feathers but will likely have a lighter green line aound her neck and nape.

My fid showed a faint ring after his first molt and his ring came in by his second molt which was about 20-22 months after he hatched.

Check out some of the pics on this website to verify color and paterns in your fid. Hope this helps.
vgonline

Post by vgonline »

thank you. that helps :D
threio

Post by threio »

Threio says Hi!