Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

MrsVanPelt

Post by MrsVanPelt »

Hi everyone! I'm Jaye, a new member and a new IRN owner. I got my baby two days ago (off Craigslist). He's still being handfed at night so he's pretty young. Also, I'm saying "he", but I'm not sure. It could be a girl. Currently nameless until I find something that really strikes me. He LOVES reggae music so I'm thinking either Ziggy or Marley.

Anyway, a bit about me- married, I split my time between San Diego and Simi Valley, CA for now with hopes of settling in San Diego, I have two rats, a mouse, an IRN, and my roommate has a dog.

I have two really cool jobs. One- I'm a stand-in for actors on TV shows and movies. One project you may have heard of that I worked on for two years is "Veronica Mars". My latest project is "The Ex-List" which is on CBS Friday nights this fall. Then, on weekends I work at an animal center in the education department where I get to teach kids all about aniamls.

I actually lost my sanity (uh, decided to get a bird) because of the center. We have an African Grey, Cockatoo, Senegal, Sun Conure, and several cockatiels (we used to have an Eclectus but he passed away) and I've really bonded with the Grey. I originally set out on my bird hunt to get another Grey but instead came across my IRN! I'm SO happy I did, too. He's so sweet and cuddly and social. I know this will change eventually and he'll go through a bluffing stage (which I'm prepared for and have the cuts on my fingers from our birds at the center to prove it!), but I'm enjoying the cuddliness.

Nice to meet you all!
Proud wife of Rocky, Mother toMarley (IRN), JayBird and Cally (Rats), Jebadiah (Mouse), Rasta and Reggae (Bearded Dragons). Auntie to Princess (Poodle)
Bella

Post by Bella »

Hello and welcome sounds like you have your hands full lol Glad there is another rat lover :lol: quite a few people on here have rats me inclueded :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Welcome! So nice to have you here! I would love to see pictures of your IRN!
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

A big welcome!
-Justin
countrygal_cc

:-)

Post by countrygal_cc »

Very nice to meet you looks like my cupcake ;-)
Park outside where the air is cool...
MrsVanPelt

Post by MrsVanPelt »

Yay Lutinos! :)
Proud wife of Rocky, Mother toMarley (IRN), JayBird and Cally (Rats), Jebadiah (Mouse), Rasta and Reggae (Bearded Dragons). Auntie to Princess (Poodle)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello and welcome MrsVanPelt :)

I like your list of animals...especially the birds. :)

Your baby sounds so sweet, but like you said, wait till the terrible twos show through lol :)

I am in Australia and have a few IRNs, Sun Conures, Rainbow Lorikeets, Galahs, Cockatiels, and Eckies. Full house here lol

I have heard of Veronica Mars, but never seem it..... :oops: :D

8)
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

welcome to you and the family.
i have a lutino named tango and a blue named cash

ive heard of veronica mars and used to watch it occasionly,
correct me if im wrong but wasnt it produced or something by ROB THOMAS of matchbox 20,hes such a spunk,i went to see them a couple of months ago,its been my fifth time. :) :D
MrsVanPelt

Post by MrsVanPelt »

Veronica Mars was created by a Rob Thomas- but not the same one as Matchbox 20! He ALWAYS gets that. But our Rob Thomas is equally as cool. :D