Hi from the UK

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

M0KAS

Hi from the UK

Post by M0KAS »

Like the heading says, Hi from the UK.

Ive browsed the forum for the last few days, as I have adopted/rescued/saved, a gray irn, he seems healthy enough, eats well, prunes his feathers throws water everywhere, and mutters a few words that i cant understand, only drawback is the poor guy cant fly, seems that someone has clipped one of his wings (my opinion birds are meant to fly) so why would anybody clip one of his birds wings to the extent this poor guy has suffered, yes he only has had one wing clipped, the worse part is that there is no primary flight or secondary flight feathers. Hes far from tame, i wouldn't say the bird has not been looked after as far as food and water are concerned, but seems it was the scenario of the pet that was bought and the novelty wore off.

Hopefully I can give him a better and more active life than his previous owners, I don't really care if he cant talk, or is never hand tame, but as long as he can regain flight.

Has anybody any idea how long both primary and secondry flight feathers take to grow back?.

Hell was full. so I came back.....

If you have MSN add me.
IndianRingneckBoy

Post by IndianRingneckBoy »

Hi welcome the flight feathers might grow back in a molt or two
IRN - Koi
Cats - Ozzy,Marely,Chester
Bella

Post by Bella »

Welcome :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello and welcome MOKAS.

Good on ya for giving this little one a chance at a happier lilfe. :)

His wing may have been clipped in an attempt to tame him down, or perhaps the previous owner had left him/her out of the cage often and this was a way to ensure he/she didn't excape.

Like IndianRingneckBoy said, should regain his flight feathers in the next moult. :)

Do you have a pic of him so we can all admire your new feathered member???? :D

8)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

welcome :)

our fid got one of this wings clipped, but the vet only clipped the secondary flight feathers and a few primary (he left two or three on), but we found it was really dangerous. he lost balance and couldnt land too well. if you let him out, keep an eye on him. just to be safe :)
M0KAS

Post by M0KAS »

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Having had him for nearly a week now, hes settled in much better, hes really found his voice this morning.

Heres the only pic i have take so far, think hes camera shy, awwww.

The name was given to him by his previous owners, i had no part in it :)

So this is the first picture of Roony taken.

Hell was full. so I came back.....

If you have MSN add me.
Bella

Post by Bella »

He is gorgeous :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Roony is a sweetie :)

8)