Hell0 from N. CA!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

chipossesue

Hell0 from N. CA!

Post by chipossesue »

Hi all!
Im a new member-found my great breeder thru this site and finally brought home my beautiful new blue baby on march 9th!
Im a vet tech and Ive had a number of rescue birds for whom Ive found great homes-but this is the first bird Ive ever intentionally obtained-and my first baby."Bodhi"( an IRN of course) is now 3 months old and just the most amazing little character...so fun to watch him/her(DNA sexing is pending;) learn how to do things-like figuring out how to hold food in one foot-that was so cute-poor baby bit his/her own toe a time or two before getting it right! Anyway I just want to say'," THANKS, JAY!!!" for the best little blue kid I could ever want-and for endless patience with me!
Bodhi (short for 'Bodhisattva'-one who is on the path to enlightenment-) is a really mushy bird-LOVES cuddling and head scritches-and follows me around the house like a puppy. I have one question-for anyone- B. does a very frequent vocalization that sounds like a little kitten's cry-its the response to everything I say and to my approach and departure-do I discourage it,and if so,HOW?
Other than that I think my baby is perfect-and Im a very happy new"parront"! We will keep in touch and hope to hear from and get to know some of you fellow parronts- till next time!-Sue and "Bodhi"[/u]
Bella

Post by Bella »

Welcome to you both :D what a great story and congrats on your fid
Your baby might just be finding his/her vocal cords :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hiya chipossesue :D

Welcome!!!

Your blue bub sounds just so cute, and what a great name & meaning! :)

Do you have pics to share with us????? lol

8)
azringneckfound

Post by azringneckfound »

Congrats on your new adoption. DId you get the results yet? I noticed you posted a few weeks ago. Definately post some pictures if you can. heehee You are so lucky that your little bird is such a lover. Keep us posted!
chipossesue

IT'S A BOY!

Post by chipossesue »

Hi!And its official....Bodhi is a MALE! :D
I'm so pleased! And Im working on getting my dig. camera set up to get some pics to post-got the cutest pics w/ my reg. camera-the best one is of Bodhi sitting on my old Bull Terrier's back and reaching out to chew on her ear! OUCH! But she adores Bodhi anyway...as do I!!
How cool-by getting my wonderful bird ,I'm also meeting some wonderful folks online! Yhanks for your interest and input , freinds! More to come!
Bella

Post by Bella »

Congrats on having a little boy :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
tgandf

Post by tgandf »

We also bought two birds from Jay. We bought a very good looking Lacewing and a Blue that is sweet as can be.