Hey there from New Zealand!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

leopard

Hey there from New Zealand!

Post by leopard »

Just coming to introduce myself...I am new here(obviously) and I expecting to get someawesome information from here! I have been or tailfeathers(another forum) and that was great but I needed specific information on ringnecks so yea. I have a blue indian Ringneck named Raj.
Raj is my baby!
bec

Post by bec »

hi leopard
welcome arnt the blues georgeous?
i have 2
my daughter has a green
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello leopard :)

I have a couple of blue Ringies to. They are such lovely birds despite their reputation.

How old is Raj?

8)
Bella

Post by Bella »

Welcome leopard and raj :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
leopard

Post by leopard »

This might sound a bit weird, but I am not completely sure of Raj's exact age, which brings me to my main question, "Is he too old to handtame?", because I got him in January right, and they said he was 5 months old making him young enough to tame, and I have been trying my hardest to get him to gain my trust and stuff like that since then but nothing seems to have worked...now he must be about 9 months or something like that.
Please try help me with this irritating question, because I have heard different answers from different people. :D
Raj is my baby!
Bella

Post by Bella »

The best thing to do is do a search (the option is at the top under indianringneck.com) there will be tons of help :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
leopard

Post by leopard »

Thanks for this warm welcome!!!
Raj is my baby!
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Aww i didnt know your baby was so young :D Spit is coming up 2 next month i think (we have decided to age him from the day we bought him because he was "around 1 yrs" when we bought him) and we are trying to tame him. hes a lot better than when we got him but still with some blatant issues (i know youve read) so dont give up :D :D
leopard

Post by leopard »

So by meaning that are you saying he is definitely all good to tame?

At the moment I haven't been able to spend as much time with him as I want to because my dad has gone to Thailand and we aren't capable of bringing him to this house but I go there everyday to look after him(only for a short time though :( )
Raj is my baby!