Hello from Fallbrook California

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

noeo

Hello from Fallbrook California

Post by noeo »

Hello everyone,
just wanted to say that this site is a great place to gather information. I was given two IRN (pair) recently. The male is grey and the female is yellow. they are about 3 years old (don't know the exact age). They are very wild but that is OK. both have leg bands which makes me think that they come from known breeder. I plan on breeding them, and with the help from this site, I hope to be successful. Hope to hearing from you soon. Noe O
Bella

Post by Bella »

Welcome :D if you have any piccys we would love to see them we love pictures :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hiya noeo, welcome to the forum. :)

I have a few IRNs. Aren't they just great looking birds?

Looking forward to hearing more about your birds :)

8)
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Welcome! I am just down the road a piece in San Diego (a few miles and a million from La Jolla)
MCS
noeo

Post by noeo »

thanks for the warm welcome.
I hope that this site will provide a wealth of information and direction for me to become successful in breeding by pair of IRNs. I have read some posting regarding breeding but failed to answer my main question: Has anyone been unsuccessful in breeding IRNs? What is the odds of being able to breed IRNs?
I built an avairy which measures 7' long X 4' wide X 7' high. This should give them enough room to fly around. Lots of toys and have mesquite branches for them to perch on. I also provided them a "boot" shaped nestbox.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I read that under the right conditions, IRNs are one of the easiest birds to breed. I had my first clutch last year. All I did was provide a large aviary, food, and a nest box and let nature take its course.
I think it also depends on if your birds are handraised or aviary bred. Aviray birds seem to breed better than handraised.

Your aviary size sounds fine and with plenty of toys to keep them amused.

My nest boxes are aprox 2 foot deep and about 25-30cm square. The pair that bred for me last year chose that on for their nest.

8)
noeo

Post by noeo »

cool!!

thanks for the info. I will let everyone know what happens during next breeding season.