Wild Indian Ringnecks photo's!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kellybel1

Wild Indian Ringnecks photo's!

Post by kellybel1 »

I think I may have figured out how to load photo's! This is a picture of Charlie & the wild birds at my feeder!

Yeah, it worked! I hope you enjoy them~!
~Kellybel
nil

Post by nil »

hello and welcome kellybel1 :)
charlie is cute and all of these ringnecks.
its very nice to feed wild birds, my congrats
do ringnecks live in wild in your country?
kellybel1

Post by kellybel1 »

I don't know if they usually live wild in Qatar, possibly someone let some go. I think that is what happened to my little Charlie cuz he was somewhat tame! I will be very sad when it is time to move back to Texas cuz I am sure they will not ship a bird to another country!
~Kellybel
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

the flocks of wild ringnecks in England began because some escaped and some people let them go. now theres thousands of them
Bella

Post by Bella »

wow ryelle i didnt know there were wild ringneck over here
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
nil

Post by nil »

will not ship a bird to another country!

i dont know the legislation of usa about animals import but generally it isnt very difficult
generally a goverment healthy passport is adequate.
in europe uk has the hardest laws about import, its claim 6 months of quarantine
wow ryelle i didnt know there were wild ringneck over here

yes the uk has numerous ringnecks and all are from escapes,
in the field guide to the birds of britain and europe of peterson/mountfort/hollom ( an excellent book ) report tthat escaped birds live in many parts of britain, also scotland and wales.
i am wonder about that because the uk has a cold climate
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Hey Bella, i found this video for you to look at. there isnt much about them in the UK. i was watching a wildlife rescue program on Animal Planet the other week and they rescued two IRN's that had been injured and they went to release them back to the wild flock and there was THOUSANDS in these huge tree's in Surrey. i couldnt believe it! neither could Spit, he went mental!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ringn ... 1047503981

Also, ive had a bird book since i was 7years old (iv had it for 13years) that my mam got me for my birthday... its "The I-Spy Guide to British Birds". Heres the ringneck page...

they have been around in the wild in England for quite a long time i think
Bella

Post by Bella »

wow thats so cool ill have to keep my eye out
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Awesome photo! I love it when there are wild parrot around your house!
leo

Post by leo »

hi...here in singapore also have alot, i think quiet alot of indian ringneck...flying around in flock...

i have seen once, in the evening, a flock of irn chasedby flock of crows and they got 1...i wanted to go to rescue the victim, but, it almost died and the eves was blind, and the crow was attacing me...

anyway...i think better not to let them play with the wild 1...i once do that too, but, tango was attack by mites all his body...

anyway, i have seen 1 gray green 1 in the wild flock...i think hr is escape 1
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............