New ringneck

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

decky

New ringneck

Post by decky »

Hi im new to this site,i have just bought an irn two days ago,he is about 12 months old and he had 2 previous owners,he is very nervous and scared,even if i walk past his cage he jumps to the back of it,would anyone have some advice for me on how i should calm him down and get more used to me.any information would be helpfull. :( [/u][/list][/code][/quote]
bec

Post by bec »

hi decky i have similar problems with my 2 year old kieron read donna replies to my request for help
http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... php?t=5664
it has realy helped but patience is definitly required
i am a fairly new irn owner too & this sight has been wonderful in helping with problems having like minded people celebrate the joys of being owned by an irn hope to hear more about your birsd soon :D
decky

new ringneck

Post by decky »

hi bec,thank you for replying to my message,i hav read your replies from donna which have been very helpfull,i know now its goin to take a long time for him to gain my trust,im not to sure how he was treated by his last two owners but he seems very scared of humans,i will post a picture soon and let you know of any progress i make with him. :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome aboard decky :)

Keep us updated with your progress

:)