Hi Everyone

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

BirdLady77

Hi Everyone

Post by BirdLady77 »

Thought I'd introduce myself!
My names Kat. I live in Australia.
I have two red-rumped parrots, a green cheek conure and I will shortly be aquiring three IRNs - I'm very excited about that!! Still thinking of the names!!
Nice to meet you all!!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Kat, welcome to the forum.
Where abouts in Oz are you? I am in NSW not far from Bathurst.
I also have a green cheek conure as well as sun conure, rainbows, IRN (of course ;p) and the newest birds are Eckies and tiels.
What colour IRNs will you get? I have a Lutino girl I hand raised aprox 18 month ago. She is such a lovely girl although she is not into mushy cuddles and stuff but that is ok :)
I am hoping to breed a few blue ones, greys this year and maybe if I am lucky enough a silver!! Fingers crossed there.
Anyway, be good to "chat" with you

:)
BirdLady77

Post by BirdLady77 »

Hi
I'm in Singleton (Hunter Valley) - my hubby is in the army here, ....before that we lived in Sydney for 6years but came from Adelaide. We are hoping to end all the moving very soon.
I'm planning on rescuing these three beautiful IRNs in our local pet store - they've been sitting there on one broken perch in a tiny box for ages now - I couldn't bare to watch it any longer. Two are females (both blue although one is apparently "lacewing" - but I'm still not sure what that means??) Then there is also a green male. He's in love with one of the blue hens, even though I feel "three may be a crowd" they do get along well in that small cage so I'm sure they will get along in their new home aswell. Plus I wouldn't have the heart to leave one of the girls all on her own.
I'm not sure how old they are but the boy hasn't got his ring yet so I assume they are all from the same batch, so hopefully all still fairly young. They seem semi-tame.

Anyway, nice to meet you !!! :D :D :D
I love sunnies too, they are probably the next after the IRN's on my "wish" list and when I rob a bank, I would love to get a pair of eckies!!!
I just love parrots - can't get enough of them! :roll: :lol:
nil

Post by nil »

hello and welcome lady and family :)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Hi Birdlady.. welcome to the list, I am newbie here and a new irn owner.. We are down here at just out of Melbourne.. 2 seconds from HMAS Cerberus where we are presently posted.. so I am at times a Navy widow..lol
Great job on your three birds.. nothing worse than seeing sweeties left in a shop like that..
Wendy
BirdLady77

Post by BirdLady77 »

thanks!!!
Hey Wendy PLEASE keep me updated how things go with your new IRN!! I'll be in your shoes soon too so I want to follow your progress and see how things go with having an IRN. Is yours tame??
I know what you mean with being a defence widow, can get a bit lonely sometimes hey....
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Hello Kat welcome aboard! Nice to meet you and your flock, Red rumped parrot looks beautiful! Make sure to share us some photos of them.
BirdLady77

Post by BirdLady77 »

Hey Giantfoot
Thanks for the welcome...you have some interetsing birdies!!!!
I can't figure out :? how to attach images on here so if you would like to see my pics click on my homepage url icon :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the Family !! :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless