Hello everyone

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Fancycat

Hello everyone

Post by Fancycat »

My name is Kristi.

I am soon to be parent to two IRN. They are apparently a breeding pair.
The male is snow white but from what i can see looks albino. Mainly because it doesnt have the ring and also it has much redder eyes than the other one.
But then in another photo he looks to have a white head with a very subtle blue tint to him? Not sure what the real look is. Might by the light?
The female is (directly translated from what i was told) yellow green dominant white.
She is from the photos what i can see, very pretty. Light green with a dull greeny yellow face.

Im not really in it for the breeding so probably wont give them a nest box. (assuming they are a male/female pair)

So excuse me if i am getting everything horribly wrong. I know very little if anything regarding colour and naming their of.

Also the age is not really clear...
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone

Post by ringneck »

Reply coming soon! Sorry, have so much work on my desk! Welcome to the family!

Best wishes, ;)

IMRAN-C
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Sorry for the late reply! I've been so busy working on another project! #:-s

I just wanted to take the time to welcome you to our little place on the net. I know you'll find the forums very useful and we have the best family around.

I can remember the first time I got my breeding pair of ringnecks! I was super excited and I wanted to dive in a learn as much as I could about these birds. I wish I was better at mutations, but I am not. You can stop by the mutation section as we have some wonderful experts there should you want to know the outcome of the offspring.

Give you birds a huge treat from all of us!

Best wishes, ;)

IMRAN-C
Fancycat

Post by Fancycat »

Thank you.

They were sold... or given away or something. Was so disapointed.

But am keeping my eye out...

8)
Cathleen1888

Post by Cathleen1888 »

Hi, new to this forum today and a newbie for IRN we got them yesterday they are male and female both 14 months old I've never kept anything bird wise other than budgies both my IRN are green they are not tame although they like being out of cage I'm guessing it will take time to get used to surroundings and our other pets I have read up a few things ie feeding and basic care I'm hoping if needs be I can ask you all for help and advice I'm in Glasgow uk
Omnipatty

Post by Omnipatty »

Welcome! There is a wealth of info here. I've been reading for days before joining ;)