Gigi bird

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

celtic_aura

Gigi bird

Post by celtic_aura »

Hey everyone. I am so, so happy to have found this site! My hubby and I have recently adopted a 7 year old Indian ringneck with a sad past. He was hand raised and sold to what was supposed to be a loving home. He was quickly sold again to a breeder who hated birds, so for around 3 or 4 years he was kept in a basement with other birds and was fed and watered every second day or so and was only handled at breeding time. Then the owner's Siamese cat got into the basement and killed all the birds except for Gigi who escaped into the rafters of the basement. At this point the original owner/breeder found this out and took him back. She has tried to adopt him out a couple of times, but he was always returned for behavior problems. And now we have Gigi. I will be posting lots of questions as you can well imagine our Gigi bird has a few issues including slightly autistic behavior. I look forward to meeting you all and learning about all your wonderful ringnecks.
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking Gigi into your loving home... She's a lucky girl.

In my experience with intellectually disabled people, many autistic, I find that's a perfect description of a parrot, regardless of species.

I have:

Duke - Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Sun Conure
Shrek - Quaker
Teeko - Cockatiel
Cory - Little Corella (Bare Eyed Cockatoo)
Paulie - Indian Ringneck
Cheers

Lene
Melika

Post by Melika »

Wow, Gigi has had a sad life until now. But you're changing all that, and it does you credit. Welcome to the board. ^_^

Some breeders deserve a good thrashing... :x
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

MCS
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family, there is plenty of help here. Thankyou for taking in Gigi .. lucky bird :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless