Introducing....... Jess and Horatio!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Jess19

Introducing....... Jess and Horatio!

Post by Jess19 »

Hey everyone! wow what an awesome website! Well im Jess and this is my little feathered friend Horatio (Harry for short) I bought Harry from a breeder in Febuary 2007, he is now 14 months old and growing into a very lovely (and cheeky!) fella indeed!!

The breeder told me he was a boy but i guess well just have to wait and see! He does do that male "dance" thing where his wings go out and his eyes pin.. he then hops around thinking he looks pretty stunning haha I can't wait till he gets his ring and long tail!

Here are a few photos for you's! I hope they work :S

This pic was taken yesterday.. he's looking very scruffy at the moment but i guess he's just molting?? cause he lost his tail feathers around 2 months ago! how long does it normally take?
[img][img]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/632/image009js1.jpg[/img]

Having the morking cuppa!

[/img]Image

This is Harry when I first got him in Feb.. he looks so little!

[img]

Anyway.. sorry about the novel!
hope to hear from u all soon![/img]
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family .. he is sooo cute !

and yes he looks like he is going through a moult. The worst of it will be over rather quickly, but new feathers will come in for quite a while (pins), you will be able to feel them when you scratch him, especially around the head and neck. You will notice new flight (tail and wing) feathers come in rather small and short at first, but over about a month or so these will grow nice and long.

Don't forget to give him plenty of baths/sprays while he is moulting it helps the pins/shafts to soften and break away and a little extra beans etc. to boost calcium at this time.

Glad to have you aboard :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Baz

Post by Baz »

Welcome - Harry is really nice, looks really big, he looks really cute with no tail features. The male dance cracks me up, Billy does it loads - i cna't stop laughing when he does.
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

MCS