Hi peeps!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

neilm

Hi peeps!

Post by neilm »

Hi all, what a great site. Iv been researching on the site for some time now and I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone. Its been a great help and very interesting to see soo many people in love with their ringnecks. Btw my name is Neil and im based in London England, I noticed that there isnt many UK owners on the site.

Im a new owner of two green ringnecks; Kiwi who is 8 months old and peach who is 5 months old. I got them from someone who had purchased them but they wouldnt mix well with her older parrots in the house, so she had to put them up for sale.

They both take food from my hand when their in the cage and even when I put my hand in the cage Peach will take food from my hands, not bad I think after only having them for 3days. il be working on taming them and hopfully get them to sit on my hand and come out..!

I have a question im hoping to get answered. I been feeding them a a small number of different veg every morning and they make light work of it.. later on during the day i give them a litte fruit aswell, they also have their seeds. My question is how much do I feed them? Can anyone give me a some sort of guide line?
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hi Neilm Welcome to the board!!

You want to keep the dry food in the cage always pellets and a small amount of seed. If their not eating the fruit and veggies well in the morning try giving it to them in the evening. You don't want to keep the fruit and veggies in the cage longer then a couple hours.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family great to have you aboard. Nice to hear so many new members enjoying the boards, info and their new found friends (fids/birds).

So long as you give him a mix of different fruits and vegi's, just small portions each morning and arvo, during active times and they make short work of it. Then I am sure he is getting heaps. Along with the serve of pellet or seeds and plenty of fresh water always :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

MCS