hi everyone

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kagaskritters

hi everyone

Post by kagaskritters »

My name is Heidi. I run Kaga's Kritters. It is mainly just me and my pets, but I do some rescue work when I have the time and room. I currently have lots of pets of my own and of course I am a huge animal lover. I have a 6 yr old son who likes animals too (just not as much as me, lol) I just recently got my first indian ringneck. She is about 2 1/2 yrs old and such a sweetie. The cage that came with her is too small, therefore she doesnt have a tail. I will be getting her a new, larger cage very soon. (found a nice one on ebay for around $60) Her name is Zoey and she is a lutino. I love the bright yellow coloring, really makes her stand out. She loves to just sit on my shoulder all day long. I am going to get her one of those bird flight suits so I can take her places with me (when the weather warms up of course) Oh yea, we are in Pennsylvania, so it's kind of chilly right now. I look forward to talking with everyone here.
Heidi
BigChicken

Whip that new tail!

Post by BigChicken »

Welcome! It always freaks me out when I hear of a tail being cut off rather than getting a larger cage…especially an IRN with that beautiful long tail. She will be so happy when she can give that new tail a whip! I am so glad someone is going to care for her now with a larger cage. As for the flight suit, I have never used one, but I have heard how some have tried, LOL only the calmest of birds would even think of letting you put one on them. My guys are pretty well adjusted but would probably rip off your finger if you tried to put one on them. How did you come to get her?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Welcome to the board. ^_^ Kudos to you for becoming the new (and permanent) home for the young girl. I'm sure she will enjoy her new cage to the fullest. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Hello Heidi and welcome to the flock!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year