A warm hello from sunny South Africa

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

A warm hello from sunny South Africa

Post by Aldeleen »

Well, Helloo to everyone! This is rather new to me but happy that i found the site!

I have a Turquoise IRN, Pi-ko... He (or i think thats its a he) is now one year old and i hand reared him from when he was only a few weeks old!!
I dont have to say that he supplies me with endless joy!!!
He loves me but hates strangers (or anyone)!
Ive read that IRN ringnecks go through a rather rough adolecent phase and im aware that Pi-ko will soon experience this too. I recently bough the Walmach Taming and Training dvds to help me a bit with training and so forth...
Although, i cannot figure out how to introduce a training diet, Pi-ko has never been interested in sunflower seeds and eats only canary and budgie mix.... i realise that all that is in order and that sunflower seeds are not the prefered diet but i dont know how i am going to get him interested in treats... he doent eat any "junck" food - only fresh fruit and cooked mix! He loves passionfruit--- HE GOES ABSOLUTE CRAZY when he gets one and will destroy the whole thing!

maybe this is a bit long for the first "helloo" but maybe some one with a bit more knowledge can help me out straight away!!

:-) thank anyways-- its like therapy hehehhe

Regard
Aldeleen
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello and welcome to the board. I was fortunate enough to be able to visit South Africa a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it.

If you're training with food rewards and your bird doesn't like some of the usual treats it sounds like using passionfruit as a reward might be the solution.

Jim
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello and welcome to the flock! Pi-ko sounds adorable. If you find Pi-ko loves something. Use it to your advantage! It also doesn't always have to be food either. I use my Jibbys bell and peanut butter for Yoda who is much more difficult to handle. :D Goodluck with the training! Just remember to be patient through the 'stubborn' times. We'd love to see some pics of Pi-ko.

Therapy is a perfect word for it! hehe :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Ye-- i cant believe how informative this is and im thrilled with all the replies! Thx ALL!!

I have been trying to post pic's but its a bit tricky..... any suggestions?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D

There is a 'sticky' in the photo section.

But I'll explain here..

1. First upload your photos to any free photo sharing site. eg I use Photobucket.

2. Around your uploaded photos you will see some codes..

[IMG] for showing the pic in your post.

[URL] for showing a link in your post to your photo.

3. Copy Paste the code into your post. :wink:

Done.

Tip: You may want to resize your photos using any photo editing program you may have if they are too large before you upload to Photobucket etc.
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Thank you thank you ! Im gonna try it out right now!! :-)
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

So here he is -- this is Pi-ko!!!
With his--"man-walk" heheheh

(i hope this works)

Here he is hiding and playing under the blanket!!! cute bird man!!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Awwwww! There he is! He is adorable! Thankyou for sharing him with us. I love em when they pin and dance. :D
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

ooops i see what you mean with the size--oh welll Now ITS NICE AND BIG!!! HHEHEH
Fah

Post by Fah »

Quite a cutie.

South Africa eh? Have been through Namibia and east a little. Was only in South Africa for a very short time.

The places I went werent really up for tourism situations while I was working heh so I do hope to go back to see some more of the wildlife that Africa has to show off.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family and to your lovely boy .. His ring will be beautiful when it is fully in. :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless