hi from Pittsburgh

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

BigChicken

hi from Pittsburgh

Post by BigChicken »

Been looking around for a while. Just joined, Wanted to say hi from Pittsburgh. The wife and I have a small adopted family that presently includes 3 Euromastics, 1 Chuckwalla, and 3 birdies, a miniature yellow napped Macaw (Mickey), a Sun Conure (Kiley), and he smartest little bird in the world, Lucky the Brown Throat Conure. All three of which are full of attitude. We joined P.E.A.C. several months ago because we have room for one more kid. Coming soon, Norma Jean, a beautiful little IRN (also said to be full of birdie attitude :twisted: ). Looking forward to the arrival, (hopefully soon) Just need to have the home inspection this Saturday. They drag out the adoption process, probably a good thing, but we know what we're in for having the other birds for about three years now.
Dan and Jean
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family, so nice to hear about those that take in birds that need a home :D .. can't wait to get to know you all
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello and welcome to the family! Love the name Big Chicken! hehe.. good on you for looking after birds in need! Looking forward to getting to know your flock. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
julie

Post by julie »

Hello and welcome to the board 8) We would love to see some pics of all your animals if you wouldnt mind sharing them with us......pretty please. But remember you already told us you dont really have a penguin :wink:
BigChicken

PICS coming soon

Post by BigChicken »

Just got a new camera, PICS coming soon. Hey, what do you mean I don't have a penguin? You saw the PICS didn't ya.
nil

Post by nil »

hello bigchicken and lovely family,welcome here :)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello and welcome. That picture is priceless.

What species of Uromastyx? One of my favorite herps...

Jim
BigChicken

Post by BigChicken »

They are Mali Uromastix, although not as brightly colored as some. I think the uros are the most gentle of all lizards. Although the biggest one was named "Whippy" because that’s what happens when you touch his tail!
Melika

Post by Melika »

An official welcome then. I enjoy having you here. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay