Hi !

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

saint

Hi !

Post by saint »

I'm new to posting , but I've been browsing for about a month here. I am new to owning birds IN the house , I've raised birds and been around birds all my life. Thanks to my dad , I have always been around Rolling Pigeons and had raised them myself until a dramatic increase in Red Tail and Cooper's Hawk populations. So recently I took my daughter to the local pet shop and we got ourselves some parakeets! We read everything we could , online and offline and even went to YOU TUBE in search of bird vids , and that's when we came across IRN's. Needless to say we both fell in love immediately! Our goal is to eventually own a blue IRN. For now , it's just the parakeets. I've made a cage and we're slowly adding to it , trying to get it ready for our IRN. Here are some pics!

cage that I made

it's 2ft. wide , 19 inches deep and 30 inches tall.

here's Manu Nani sitting on a driftwood perch we made.

and here she is again sitting in her aviary. I built a 5 sided cage and mounted it to my bird room window , so I open the window and it lets them go out into the 30w x 30h x 14d aviary so they can sing with the local song birds and get some fresh air.

our male bird named " Drake " - courtesy of my daughter's love of Drake and Josh
:lol:

Anyway , glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot , and we really hope to become fellow IRN owners soon!
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Welcone, Beautiful budgies, I love the idea of an aviary joined to a window... fantastic!!
-Chamon-

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Welcome! Your budgies are lovely and we will look forward to your IRN-to-be. Love the window aviary -- what size is the wire; I am guessing it is the camera angle, but looks like a clever budgie might try to escape?
MCS
shell

Post by shell »

Hi and Welcome,
I'm new here also, but I want to copy your idea of the window/outdoor aviary, love it!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello and Welcome! Such cutie pies you have! That is an awesome idea having an aviary attached to the window! :D Glad you researching before getting your first IRN.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Hello and welcome to the family, such cute little fids :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

saint

Post by saint »

Thanks for the comments!

The wire size is 1/2" wide gaps that are 1" tall, they can't get their heads through the openings :wink:

I'll take more pics of it later today or tomorrow and post them up 8)
saint

Post by saint »

I snapped a few more pics this morning to give a better look at it for you guys

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

How cute is that .. its amazing how many people think of this idea. We too are trying to design an aviary off the birdroom windows, getting some great ideas of how better to do it .. Thanks for sharing.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

That is Brilliant!!! love it, lucky birds!
-Chamon-