hello from myself and kiwi

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

d38rac3y

hello from myself and kiwi

Post by d38rac3y »

I have just bought a male Indian Ringneck, he's earlier this years hatch, green and full of beans, we've named him kiwi.

He has a huge cage with toys and seems to be happy enough but not going to even think about touching him for a few days till he's well and truly settled in.
My question is though how would I begin to start taming him? Start taking him out without having to chase him all over the cage?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers peeps

Daniel
Last edited by d38rac3y on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissK

Re: hello from myself and Milo

Post by MissK »

Hi Daniel,

You should get a snack and a comfy chair in your bird's room, far enough from him that he doesn't react to you, fire up the computer, log in here, use the SEARCH function, and get to reading!

Welcome!
-MissK
d38rac3y

Re: hello from myself and Milo

Post by d38rac3y »

MissK wrote:Hi Daniel,

You should get a snack and a comfy chair in your bird's room, far enough from him that he doesn't react to you, fire up the computer, log in here, use the SEARCH function, and get to reading!

Welcome!
Thank you, great advice! :-)
MissK

Re: hello from myself and kiwi

Post by MissK »

We have a great community here and we all look forward to hearing of your successes and helping with your stumbling blocks. You should talk with James, who posted about his "naughty IRN", since you're both starting out with taming at the same time. It helps to have a buddy in your journey.
-MissK
d38rac3y

Re: hello from myself and kiwi

Post by d38rac3y »

MissK wrote:We have a great community here and we all look forward to hearing of your successes and helping with your stumbling blocks. You should talk with James, who posted about his "naughty IRN", since you're both starting out with taming at the same time. It helps to have a buddy in your journey.
Hello, aww thank you that's really kind of you. I will have a browse at his posts ;)