I forgot an introduction

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

swanwillow

I forgot an introduction

Post by swanwillow »

well, sorta, I introduced myself in the breeders forum, but HI!
I'm from Northern MN, have 2 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, and three parrots altogether..
blueberry is my lory,
and Relish and Mustard are my IRN parakeets
excuse the cage, its my first attempt at a cage, the paint is the H2O latex paint from Krylon... next cage (in a few months) won't be made out of wood. and if it is, the birds won't have access to it.

Relish is the turq. and Mustard is the Cinn. yes, she looks like, well, crud. I am hoping that she'll re-feather nicely, shes moulting ATM, plus the overpreened spot from her loverboy doesn't help her look any better :oops:

swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

just realized that I only posted pics of Relish looking fluffed, hes not really fluffy./..

Donna

Post by Donna »

NICE!!! Are you planning on breeding them? A tip on painting the wood for the cage or if you make your own toys us a vegetable food coloring and then there's no worry if they chew on the wood. Oh and welcome to the board.

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww they are beautiful .. relish and mustard .. love it ..

Yes and they WILL chew on the wood. The top frame of Kai and Mickeys cage (made from wood) has already had to be replaced, they destroyed the whole thing :roll:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

I hope to, someday!!! the female lost her tail feathers in the nest box last season, they had eggs, but none hatched at the previous owners. They are being passed around, and I think this'll be the end of the road for them! They make the cutest sounds :lol:

the wood is pine, the paint is the krylon latex paint (H2O) so we'll see how long it lasts. I'm hoping 6 months. then, its time for a metal frame!
Ohana

Post by Ohana »

Welcome, Welcome... Cool to see you on here too.

Still think your IRN's are gorgeous!
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about you and your fids.
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Welcome to the family. Look forward to hearing all about your birds. Love the names. Love Relish's colour! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) Wow, is that a pastel blue? I know it's rude but, "How much?" That's certainly not a normal blue
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

welcome to the site mate nice looking IRN hope to see more pics soon
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

he was sold as a turquoise. I really have NO idea, since he has funny colors, I thought all turquoise's look different, since the shading is different.

I'm hoping for pretty babies, I already have one sold (for half price to a boss) if it comes out NOT yellow ;)

they were $400 for both, and a much smaller cage. I like the colors, and I have no idea if they have splits or not. I've joined leg band numbers groups, to try and find AGES on them, I haven't worried much about splits.

if hes more of a pastel, neat! :lol: they are my surprises, for sure.

and everywhere I've read have said cinns
Eyes are dark red with yellow iris.

well, hers are black. definitely NO red and I'm looking at other sites, looking at mutations, she looks more like a 'gregreen cinnamon' than just a plain ol cinnamon.

*note* I keep on editing this post, I do that, sorry**
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:shock: Wow! You got a great deal!!!!! Good luck with your mating. Should have some very intersting results!
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

great deal? I haven't been sure, since the ages are unknown, splits are unknown, history is unknown, and they are turq and cinn, two fairly common colors that in some areas you can buy for 150-175 a piece.

I'm pretty sure that the male is an ex-hand tamed bird still. just the way he acts.
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

8) The only mutations I have seen in the Sacramento area are Lutino, Blue , or Grey.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Klaatu wrote:8) The only mutations I have seen in the Sacramento area are Lutino, Blue , or Grey.

Two of my breeder friends live in your area and they have all possible IRN mutations up to the Cleartails and Violets that costs thousands of dollars. I myself only ~50 miles away.
Jay

Post by Jay »

swanwillow wrote:great deal? I haven't been sure, since the ages are unknown, splits are unknown, history is unknown, and they are turq and cinn, two fairly common colors that in some areas you can buy for 150-175 a piece.

I'm pretty sure that the male is an ex-hand tamed bird still. just the way he acts.

Your bird does look more like a Cinnamon GreyGreen AKA Mustard IRN. Nowadays because not too many breeders breed pure Cinnamons, Greens and GreyGreens, most of them are split to Blue so your breeding scenario may not be as dire as you think.
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:shock:Wow! I'd love to see a real live Violet. All these gorgeous colors! Too bad I can only take care of one bird. I barely have time to spoil the one I got.
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

yeah, I wanna see a real violet too.

Actually, I'd rather see a blue pied! I'm a sucker for pieds. Maybe in a few years, I'll find a pied and add it it somewhere.

grey pieds, ooohhh
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:lol: If only I were rich. :roll: