Hi there..!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

KellieH

Hi there..!

Post by KellieH »

Hey guys,
like all the postings in this area, im new to the world of Indian ringnecks. I have always had Cockatiels and not so long ago my lil boy flew away :( . As I miss him dealry we just recently purchased Chevy a 7wk Green IRN. The only problem is that monday just passed I found my Chevy on the floor of his cage.. I know this isnt a great story to tell on my first visit but I just want to find some info out so I can avoid this happening again, I get very attached to my babies and it was only a very short time that we had him/her..
I understand that babies shouldnt be moved around (as in houses) and he went from the breeder to her sons house, to my partners house then to mine, within a week.. All seemed well when I got him home to mine and he was happy coz he discovered that he had a bell in the cage.. Then the next morning about 8am I found him. Bless his lil soul.
I had also noticed that he had some trouble with passing and had droppings pasted around his vent.. Which leads me to believe that he was ill when we got him.. Any information would be great!

Am going on holiday to NZ for a couple of weeks and will get another IRn when we return and are a little more settled..

RIP my lil Chevmeister!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Welcome Kellie.

So sorry to hear about your tiel and lil IRN. RIP Chevy :cry: I suggest posting a 'memorial' in the Rainbow Bridge forum. This is where all our passed birds go. Chevy sure looked like a lil sweetie.
Pet birds are masters at hiding signs of illness and sometimes its just too late. You can search for possible problems with passing droppings. Could of been a number of problems, parasites, digestive problems or maybe something he ate? If you have tiels that were around him, I would take them to an avian vet asap. Just to be sure. A quarintine period is best when bringing a new bird home.
Hope you can get some information from this site. If you cant get an answer there is always the search tool.

Have a great time in New Zealand.

Lauren
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Donna

Post by Donna »

Kellie this is so sad :( The breeder you got this baby from should be notified of this. Sometimes a breeder will pay for a necropsy to determine if he/she has a problem in their aviary. I don't think it was the moving around part unless maybe the places that the bird was in before you got him had sick birds. These people need to be notified as well. A sudden death like this should be further investigated.

Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Donna wrote:Kellie this is so sad :( The breeder you got this baby from should be notified of this. Sometimes a breeder will pay for a necropsy to determine if he/she has a problem in their aviary. I don't think it was the moving around part unless maybe the places that the bird was in before you got him had sick birds. These people need to be notified as well. A sudden death like this should be further investigated. Donna

I agree. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

My condolences.
MCS
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

that is sad, :( but welcome to our board. Have a good holiday
~the stubborn one~
KellieH

Post by KellieH »

Thanks guys I have informed the breeders and she is going to sort it out. Thank you all for your advice!! This is a great site and all of your birds are so beautiful!! I'll keep on reading, xkel 8)