newbie to this site

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

sonic70

newbie to this site

Post by sonic70 »

hi everyone my name is sonia i found this site by accident. as im having a few problems with my boy. i bought him a $350.00 cage the other week and he will not go in it he is terrified of the cage. more about cosmo. he is 18 months old. i raised him from a bald chick. to me he is the next best thing to a human child. cosmo is extremely spoilt. he has the run of the house from the time i get up to the time i go to bed. he has his own cane toy box that he helps himself to when he wants to play. even though he is fully weened. he still has his spoon with his egg and biscuit. i figure while he still enjoys it why take it away from him. any way will stop bragging could be here all day raving about my darling boy
coz

Post by coz »

Welcome Sonia and Cosmo
What colour is Cosmo :?:
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

welcome to you both! Love the name "cosmo" reminds me of my favorite B and W movie from 1937-topper about the bank president Cosmo Topper. Anywhoo nuff bout that. Pics please!
~the stubborn one~
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

:D Welcome to you both - where abouts in Australia are you? I agree with Gwennie - pics please - you will probably find some help if you use the search feature about your cage.
Anne
controlled by:
2 Poodles, 1 Maltese, 1 tiel, 3 INR's
Oh & a hubby
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Welcome!
MCS
sonic70

Post by sonic70 »

im from perth cosmo is blue he is currently asleep on my shoulder as i write this. he loves being close to his mum
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Welcome to the flock Sonia and Cozmo! What a very lucky spoilt lil boy! Sounds adorable. Brag all you want. We love it. :wink:
Have you tried putting his favorite treats or toys in the cage? I wouldnt force the issue on him, just let him become familar with it and he might just venture into it.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
sonic70

Post by sonic70 »

have tried it all forced him in a couple of times he was not happy so ive just left him for now. like u said hopefully he will venture to the cage on his own. hope so lovely cage and cost a lot of money.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I just spent 300 on a new cage aswell. Gilbert immediatly 'claimed it' so I didnt have trouble getting him to like it. But he hates any person, toy or food that is not familar to him. After a few days he becomes curious though. They are curious by nature so Id just let Cozmo explore.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

welcome!
lady-lord-be

Post by lady-lord-be »

hey welcome!
any pics?
stephenn XD

Post by stephenn XD »

welcome. my irn venus likes to shower in his water bowl lol. im starting to use a real shower now.