Hi, Stashy and I are new members.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

LadyDragonfly

Hi, Stashy and I are new members.

Post by LadyDragonfly »

Stashy is short for Pistachio, my IRN hen. She is my second IRN, my last one was a lutino male with a vocabulary. Stashy can talk, just refuses if I am around. She did forget herself recently and tell me "thank you" for giving her a hot meal.

She is a sweetie though. SHe wolf whistles when she wants me, that is our contact call anymore. She is very very possessive of me and can't stand it when I have guests because they get the attention she feels she deserves.

She doesn't bite as a rule. She bit me hard last week because I was doing the dishes and she wanted a bath in the kitchen sink. She has bowls I fill and sit down in the sink for her. I had hot soapy water in the dishpan and she was rather upset with me. I didn't scold her because I don't know how else she could or would tell me that she wanted a bath in the sink. I have told her that she can use the bathroom sink and bathe in the bathroom like normal people, but apparently that is not good enough. I am of the opinion that she likes an audience when the is bathing and if I am in the kitchen and she is in the bathroom, then I am not watching her get that funny brown, slimy color. Yesterday, I was a good birdie mom and ran a bath in the kitchen sink right after I opened the cage door. Did she bathe? NOPE! She is a little smelly too.

She eats whatever we eat, but nothing that is bad for birds. She loves fresh green beans most of all, but she has a thing for raw baby carrots too. She likes melon when it is really sweet. She won't touch an apple, but she likes oranges. She is a good eater and eats nearly anything, including apple if it is hidden in something else. We are vegans and she likes tofu to the point I have to watch having her out when I am making a tofu dish. The microwave is her personal dinner bell and she is sure it goes off, she is getting fed.

My first bird love is for budgies which I breed and show. I fell for my first ringneck and when he died, I got Stashy. She was 3 months old and handfed, so already a sweetie. She is the perfect size for a pet bird, in my opinion and I could not ask for a more loyal and affectionate companion.
My companion IRN is Pistachio, Stashy for short
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Welcome to you both!
MCS
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hi and welcome to our family :)

post pics of "stashy" when ya can :)
~the stubborn one~
Bird crazy

Welcome

Post by Bird crazy »

to you and Stashy. Sounds like you have a great bond there and
I pleased to meet you both.

Uh I'll repeat the requests for pics please.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Welcome and Pics! We LOVE pics...

Dani