IRN bath time

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

brooke1772

IRN bath time

Post by brooke1772 »

After i give my IRN a bath he shivers alot, its not cold, but he hates hands so I cant put a towel or anything around him, he loves the bath and cant get enough, will he get sick if he dries off naturally. I just hate seeing him shake a little bit afterwards
Donovan

Re: IRN bath time

Post by Donovan »

don't let your bird shower / bathe too long or get completely saturated.. they may think they like it but in the long run they might learn to hate shower / bath time like my bird did...

I have two... one only bathes once or twice a month because i didn't know any better and let him get too wet all the time...

the other can't bathe enough because i ration his time in the water...
brooke1772

Post by brooke1772 »

Thank you

I just spray him with a water bottle so he's never saturated and then he will dunk his head in his water bowl. I only spray him about once every 2 weeks until summer when we roast in Aussie and hi will do it once a week I think!!!
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hi Brooke.

My guys love getting absolutely soaked in the shower (with cold water). They even put their heads under the full stream sometimes.
We are in south east qld, so it is usually warm enough for a morning shower at least once or twice a week in the winter. We only let them shower if we have time to let them sit in the sun until they are completely dry over winter. I have read that the shivering thing is just how they stay warm while they dry, but I worry about it too.
Over summer our guys turn into ducks, they will have a shower and an hour or so later they will use their baths or water dish for a quick dip :lol:
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

it's summer here and when my birds are outside during the worst of the heat I turn the water on them for about 10 minutes at a time every hour or two... even my bird that doesn't like bathing enjoys this ...

then sometimes, no matter the heat, they'll avoid the water.. other times they get pressed up to the side of the cage trying to get as much spray as possible.