Hello from Charley the IRN from Canada.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ChirpyDerpy

Hello from Charley the IRN from Canada.

Post by ChirpyDerpy »

Hi There, We've only just purchased our IRN this past March. I've had budgies and have a Conure as well but this is a first with a ringneck. Normally we purchased through reputable breeder but I saw Charley at a local pet store and just felt a connection. They were selling him at half the cost because apparently he was difficult and nobody wanted to buy him. When we first got him the poor little guy had his wings butchered so bad by the store all he could do was fall....didn't even have enough to glide. So with a lot of love and patience his colour has brightened, his personality is coming through and hes even learning a few tricks and starting to really vocalize and mimick now. I decided to come on this forum because I'm really discovering that obviously having a ringneck is like night and day from a Conure and just wanted to check out what other owners were going through.

Oddly enough Charley and my GCC Penny are the best of buds....they cuddle and groom each other. He's super tolerant of her and will give her a gentle nip if he wants alone time.

He does however get really jealous when my budgie climbs up on me for some reason though. He really does not like the budgie.

One time he even bit my arm repeatedly just because the budgie was on my shoulder. Ever since then he has discovered that he really likes to bite me to get my attention whenever he's displeased with me. He loves his momma but man can this toddler have an attitude!!!!

Love all my feather babies though attitude and all.
Donovan

Re: Hello from Charley the IRN from Canada.

Post by Donovan »

sounds like he scored a decent home. You'll find an Indian Ringneck to be a little different than you're accustomed to .. so be sure to study the forum and to ask questions when you can't find the answer..

Yes they're jealous birds.. and sneaky too. They love to think they're getting away with something so they'll steal from you if you have something they want and you're not paying attention haha.

But they can be a lot of fun. They're highly intelligent and can definitely learn whatever you choose to teach them.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Congratulations and Welcome.
-MissK
crazybirdowner

Post by crazybirdowner »

Hi Charley
my name is rosie :D from Australia nice to meet you, my partner and i brought two paired IRN today, from a bird sale so i am new to this world as well...
i felled in love with them as they are so cute... anyway i am glade to find this site so i can read up about them.. i have two Cockatiels (fatso boom stick and missy moo) at the momment so they just extend my family.

We call our IRN's cheeky and snowy

signed Rosie
GeveZe

Post by GeveZe »

Welcome =)