** ATTENTION FORUM WEB MASTER *****

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ErnieisAwesome

** ATTENTION FORUM WEB MASTER *****

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

Who runs this place ? I'm just wondering because all of the issues with uploading photos , especially in 2014 could be resolved so easily . Im just wondering with so much traffic , why the limits on file sizes haven't been lifted to make posting photos so much easier for people. I find it completely unnecessary that you have to go to another web site , sign up , upload your photos , resize them . then upload the URL link only to get a " You look like spam " message . Pretty nuts. I will be happy to help if you guys need anything updated. My husband works for APPLE and is a big IT nerd . So Im offering his services to you on my behalf. Hahha

Have a great day !
AJPeter

Re: ** ATTENTION FORUM WEB MASTER *****

Post by AJPeter »

You should not step on toes so heavily, perhaps it would be better if you read the posts before griping.
ErnieisAwesome

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

AJPeter wrote:You should not step on toes so heavily, perhaps it would be better if you read the posts before griping.
I'm not gripping . I'm offering help for free none less. So of the things on this forum is outdated . If it were more user friendly it could be good for the forum . That's all .This Is After I Have Seen countless threads of people saying they can't easily upload photos of their birds . Isn't that the point of the forum ?
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Upload your images to a file hosting site, have it in jpg or png format, then post in here with the img tag. Then u wont see the size restriction
ErnieisAwesome

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

Donovan wrote:Upload your images to a file hosting site, have it in jpg or png format, then post in here with the img tag. Then u wont see the size restriction
Thanks for the tip Donavan. I just think it's so crazy that you have to do all that just to upload a photo . I'll just keep posting them on photo bucket and FB . FB has some pretty decent bird groups .
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Ernie, I believe the idea is that by doing so it helps to minimize how much information is stored on the server for this forum...
ErnieisAwesome

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

Donovan wrote:Ernie, I believe the idea is that by doing so it helps to minimize how much information is stored on the server for this forum...
I totally understand that . And without getting too technical for everyone that's not IT savy..haha There's way to make enough room for everyone without changing much or costing anything . Anyway I was just trying to help . :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

The person who owns the forum is Imran. His member name is ringneck. You can try PM-ing him on here, although he can be difficult to contact.

Ellie.
ErnieisAwesome

Post by ErnieisAwesome »

ellieelectrons wrote:The person who owns the forum is Imran. His member name is ringneck. You can try PM-ing him on here, although he can be difficult to contact.

Ellie.
Thanks Ellie!
I love your name btw. :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks. It's an anagram of my maiden name.

Ellie.