Introduce Myself

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Princess Yuz

Introduce Myself

Post by Princess Yuz »

Hi, my name is Sara and i have a Indian ringeck called jasper. I have joined this forum because I enjoy helping others by answering there questions and I like asking questions myself. If anyone else is new please also say abit about yourself as it would be better if we knew each other a bit more..
SunniDai

Re: Introduce Myself

Post by SunniDai »

Good morning, Sara. I'm not exactly new, but welcome to the forum. I have four ringnecks, two African and two Indian. I had one more, but he has passed.
Tell us a bit about Jasper.
~Dana

Donovan

Post by Donovan »

well that's certainly a new approach

Yuz, have a look around the forum, familiarize yourself with the topics.. beware lots and lots and lots of chit chat :lol:

helping others will be great.. every day or two there is a post from someone that's just called Please Help or something along those lines

It's usually people wanting to tame their IRN or get it to take food from their hand.. things of that nature
MissK

Post by MissK »

Welcome Princess,

You can catch a little about me by back reading in the introduce yourself area and the photo forum. In brief, I'm MissK and I keep some birds and some dogs. :D My particular favourite bird-related areas of interest are second hand birds, housing, enrichment, and diet. However, my weakest area of those is diet.
-MissK
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

MissK are you feeding your birds junk food?

one of my birds gets a piece of boiled peanut about once every week or two.. which is -very- salty. I always follow it up with fruit with high water content like watermelon or cantaloupe.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Donovan, I'm shocked! :o I am absolutely not feeding them junk food! :lol:

Rather, I just feel I am not satisfied with what I know about diet. I'd like to be an expert, but I'm not.
-MissK
Princess Yuz

Post by Princess Yuz »

Thnaks for replying everyone. I really appreciate it. Since i was a little baby my brother used to breed macaws, amazons,conures,african greys and cockatoos. So I have grown up with parrots, however he stopped about two years ago due to the fact that he was moving house and was too busy. Over the past two years i tried having different animals such as cats,rabbits,hamsters,etc. But what i found out was that a parrot is just the best and no other pet can beat it. I've never had an indian ringneck and decided to try it out as a lot of people have told me how lovely they are. I brought a green indian ringneck about 2 weeks ago and he is about 10 weeks now. He is a beautiful,cuddly,healthy little boy. I would love to hear about other peoples stories on how they managed to end up with their Indian ringnecks.
Princess Yuz

Post by Princess Yuz »

SunniDai wrote:Good morning, Sara. I'm not exactly new, but welcome to the forum. I have four ringnecks, two African and two Indian. I had one more, but he has passed.
Tell us a bit about Jasper.
Since i was a little baby my brother used to breed macaws, amazons,conures,african greys and cockatoos. So I have grown up with parrots, however he stopped about two years ago due to the fact that he was moving house and was too busy. Over the past two years i tried having different animals such as cats,rabbits,hamsters,etc. But what i found out was that a parrot is just the best and no other pet can beat it. I've never had an indian ringneck and decided to try it out as a lot of people have told me how lovely they are. I brought a green indian ringneck about 2 weeks ago and he is about 10 weeks now. He is a beautiful,cuddly,healthy little boy.
Princess Yuz

Post by Princess Yuz »

Donovan wrote:well that's certainly a new approach

Yuz, have a look around the forum, familiarize yourself with the topics.. beware lots and lots and lots of chit chat :lol:

helping others will be great.. every day or two there is a post from someone that's just called Please Help or something along those lines

It's usually people wanting to tame their IRN or get it to take food from their hand.. things of that nature
I do like to be unique when it comes to introducing myself LOL :)