Baby Indian Ringneck

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Jagger

Baby Indian Ringneck

Post by Jagger »

I'm picking up my 5 week old Ringneck on Saturday Morning. Is it to early to put him in a cage? should I keep him in a box? Plastic Aquarium? I'm sure ille get plenty of help from the breeder, however if someone has any answers from personal experience, I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks, Jagger.
yellowbirdbaby

Re: Baby Indian Ringneck

Post by yellowbirdbaby »

Hello ,
I have had my little terror for almost six months , you can start by keeping her/him in a smaller cage until you have a larger one however you should wait a few weeks before attempting to play and let the baby be settled in their new surroundings and get comfortable. Make sure that if windy or cold you have heat in the car and a large blanket to cover .
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Yes put the bird in its new cage immediately.
If the bird is comfortable with you then you might be able to start handling and interacting with it right away. Otherwise you'll have to gradually build up to it.

And introduce it to vegetables from the beginning. Research the safe ones.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Be aware that your new fid is going to be clumsy. When we first got Sunni, she actually fell off of her perch a few times while sleeping. Luckily at the time, she was in a smaller sleeping cage.
~Dana