A hello from Ayuen and Lucky.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ayuen

A hello from Ayuen and Lucky.

Post by Ayuen »

Hi all.

I would just like to introduce myself. My name is Ayuen and I have just aquired an IRN, whose new name is none other that Lucky... and a very lucky bird she is.

You see. my brother volunteers at the local animal shelter some weekends and recently Lucky came into thier posession. She was confiscated of her previous owner after they were found to be abusing animals. Luckily this beautiful girl was not harmed... and for a menial fee ($10.00) I was able to purchace her from the shelter when I went to pick up my brother.

She is perfectily healthy, as the shelter will not allow sick animals to be sold, and despite all that she has been though she is remarkably tame.
Over the past few days she has finally got her voice back.. and at the moment she is chirping her little birdy brain out... :)

She resides outside with our 3 cockatiels in the avery.. but all 3 are bought inside regulary and are spoilt rotten :D

Anyway thats enough about the bird. ( HAH... like thats gonna happen)

As i said before my name is Ayuen and I am a student studying animation. I live in queensland, australia, and the family is currently made up of
Mum, dad, younger brother,
Banjo the labrador x rottweiler x border collie dog
Ginger the Maine Coon Cat
Nemo, Omen, Dory, Humbug, Google, and Flame : the Tropical saltwater fish (Nemo and Omen are a breeding pair of Occlaris Clownfish. Dory is a Blue Hippo Tang, Google and Humbug are Humbug Damsel fish, and Flame is a Flame Angel fish)
Arnold, Gizmo and Basil the Cockatiels...
and finally last but certainly not least

Lucky the green Indian Ringneck

Its a big family, but we are happy.. and we all hope to be a proactive part of this community

Ayuen
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Welcome to the board.

Ah you should hit the chat room sometimes. I will harass you about what you study. What 3d programs do you use. What kind of study do you do? do you have an Instant Messenger and so on.
Ayuen

Post by Ayuen »

Neko. I study a bachelor of Interactive Entertainment at Qantm college in Brisbane. Majoring in animation. I do prefer 2d over 3d, but as far as 3d programs go I use 3dsmax 8 just 'cause Qantm wants us to. But to tell you the truth I prefer Maya.. (yummy fluid effects)
btw you have a message ^_^

Ayuen
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I got the message. ;) Are you on Yahoo atm? I'm in the board chat if you can make it in there in the next half hour if you cant do yahoo
Ayuen

Post by Ayuen »

I use msn not Yahoo... I just have a msn passport, because it is easier to use that and keep all of my information in the one area.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

lol give me your msn :P or add me first Neofenix@hotmail.com
Ayuen

Post by Ayuen »

Its the same address as the one that i sent you... Silly
The passport allows me to use my yahoo address with msn....
The wonders of the incredible edible internet
^_^
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Welcome and greetings! Do post often...and post pics if you can. We love pics!

Dani and Prinny
natalie

Welcome

Post by natalie »

Well it must feel like home already :lol: Welcome to u and ur lucky bird. Well done u for rescueing her. natalie xxxx :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Ayuen

Post by Ayuen »

Thankyou Dani and Natalie,
Dani, I will try to get some pictures of her for you and the community. The only problem is ( as i am sure many of you have noticed) is that IRN's go through moods.... and at the moment it is the fear the camera mood :evil:
I will just have to get her used to it. so :( until that time.
Natalie, I wasn't too sure if i should have come home with a new bird.. concidering my parents weren't wanting any new animals, but mum thinks she is beautiful, and dad spoils her rotten. :D She's awesome.... The tiels don't really like strangers and will shy away from them immediately, but Lucky is a bit of an attention whore. SHE LOVES PEOPLE !!!
Expecially my boyfriend ( he's 6 foot 5 and I think it's a case of 'look how high I am now, mum!!')

Anyway, I still love her

Ayuen
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hi and welcome :)
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

welcome to our ever growing and always wonderful family :D
Angie