Hi from mississippi.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Dick

Hi from mississippi.

Post by Dick »

hello, my name really is richard and my IRN is Indy-bird(points deducted for lack of creativity!)

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/96954/2 ... 071635.jpg

she should be just hitting 2 yrs old, and ive had her for a bit more that 1 and a half. she is a very willfull and independant bird, and i am the only person she allows to tell her what to do. ironically i am also the person that lets her get away with the most too...Indy is only nice to my wife in my absence, and then just barely. I havent quite given up on the (breif) forced petting sessions that i have with her in the vain hopes that she will one day kuddle with me. i got her after my first cockateil got out, he really broke my heart... i clip wings now.

Indy is not my only bird, or pet...the short list:
4 keets
2 teils(which may be laying soon to my suprise)
4 cats
a mouse
2 guniea pigs

i wanted to know specifically what breed Indy is. she has turquoise highlights, here is a good one of that.

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/96954/2 ... 071613.jpg

in the future i may breed her and was curious if anyone had some material on genetics for colors that they could suggest. what i have found isnt as thorough as i would like.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Hello! and welcome! great bunch here! I've learned a ton! :)
~the stubborn one~
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Indy-Bird is a beautiful normal green.

Welcome to IRN.com!
-Chamon-

Dick

Post by Dick »

if she is a normal green then what does a shift to blue in a green bird look like?
natalie

HELLO

Post by natalie »

Welcome to u and Indy-bird, and all ur other pets! Thanks for the pics, we love the pics. Indy-bird is gr8. natalie xx :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Dick

Post by Dick »

**** wrote:if she is a normal green then what does a shift to blue in a green bird look like?

it comes to my attention that that was poorly phrased(ie stupid question)...

see what i mean about poor refrence material!
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Jen has a turquoise bird, Also see this site for pictures of mutations http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
bonjoram

Post by bonjoram »

**** wrote:if she is a normal green then what does a shift to blue in a green bird look like?

Did you mean green split to blue? If so then there is no visual difference between the two.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

splits are not visible at all
Dick

Post by Dick »

bonjoram wrote:

Did you mean green split to blue? If so then there is no visual difference between the two.

yes, precisely. which i found out after i asked it.

and thanks kireina i couldnt have asked for a better link.