PLEASE HELP ME CLARIFY IF MY BABY IS A BOY OR GAL 2.5YRS OLD

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Boy or gal

Poll ended at Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Boy
No votes
Gal
No votes

Total votes: 0

Glamorli

PLEASE HELP ME CLARIFY IF MY BABY IS A BOY OR GAL 2.5YRS OLD

Post by Glamorli »

Hello all!! My name is Sheena and I am new to this forum. Have been reading it for a while and it is fabulous!

I need help and your advice please! No one else better to ask then my fellow bird lovers.

My baby Charli is 2.5yrs old now and I really am confused with which s e x it is! Have been referring it to it as my son since forever but now am having doubts- will upload some pics in a tic so you can all have a look too.

Charli is quiet tamed, potty trained- he likes to poo into the sink drain when asked, attached to my boyfriend and brothers and also likes to whistle at any male that comes in the house. He doesn't seem to like females so im thinking it is a female?

The ring is very faint but has darken over time- will it get darker at this point ? Beak is quite prominent.

He cant talk and wont talk ? Is it too late to train him? He loves cat calling and making cat noises which he learnt off youtube.

Male aspects- he arches his wings and makes that heart shape in the mirror and pins his eyes too and loves kisses and cuddles from me and my boyfriend. Sometimes even regurgs to offer me his food lols

Im very confused! Please help and tell me what I have!

I don't want to run DNA on him as I don't want to hurt him.

Thanks in advance! :lol:
Afraz

Re: PLEASE HELP ME CLARIFY IF MY BABY IS A BOY OR GAL 2.5YRS

Post by Afraz »

Hi Glamorli. I think that by now, if there's no reddish/rosy line along with the black line around its neck, it's probably a female. 2 and a half years means it is an old juvie or a young adult, so yeah.
Its relationship with other birds depends a lot on its personality. Sometimes, males will fight with other males; other times they can be best buddies. Same for females.

And it's definitely not too late to train her to speak! Might just be a little harder, but go for it!
AJPeter

Re: PLEASE HELP ME CLARIFY IF MY BABY IS A BOY OR GAL 2.5YRS

Post by AJPeter »

Charli is both a boy's and a girl's name but if Charli lays eggs she definitely is not a male and if she develops a neck ring she is not a female! Hope that helps.