Hello there!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Dara999

Hello there!

Post by Dara999 »

My name is Jess and I got a Ringneck about a week ago. He's about 6-month Cobalt/Dark Blue mutation. He's bit flighty and is in his Bluffing stage. I wanted to know what a good temperature for my room is. (Degrees Celsius please). What is the best way to tell if he's Ill too. I love him and can't wait to train him fully. At the moment I'm using a Millet mixture to cox him onto my hand and teach him his name. 8) :?
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Hello there!

Post by ringneck »

Hey Dara999,

Sounds like he is one amazing little guy, eh? I bet he just magnificent! I love cobalt ringnecks.

Sounds like you're off to a great start with taming. I don't think you're little guy is bluffing, but rather just nippy at the moment. It should pass just as long as you ignore it and only reward him for the behavior you seek. Bluffing is right after weaning when the baby is more independent. :mrgreen:

You're in for such a wonderful journey. I have three pet ringnecks in my life that I love dearly (2 IRN 1 ALEX). Truly, they make my life complete.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to our little family here on the web. We can't wait to hear about your progress with your little monster! :OP

Best wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
Annie

Post by Annie »

Hello-
Now that it's been a bit- how are things going? We have a new 7 month IRN- he's also quite nippy and "big headed" ha ha
It's hard to be patient- but I will!!
Just curious how things have progressed for you?
Annie
Annie

Post by Annie »

Hello-
Now that it's been a bit- how are things going? We have a new 7 month IRN- he's also quite nippy and "big headed" ha ha
It's hard to be patient- but I will!!
Just curious how things have progressed for you?
Annie