Brand spanking new

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Chainy

Brand spanking new

Post by Chainy »

Hey

I'm getting my first turquoise ringneck tomorrow. She's two and been raised by an 8 year old girl. I'm just glad she wasn't named Glitter Princess or something. Done months of research, I have a job that lets me have her there all day, and want to train her up to the potential of these birds. I'll probably have a question or two, but am really excited to see what she can do, and finding a site dedicated to the breed. Cheers guys.
MissK

Re: Brand spanking new

Post by MissK »

Congratulations and Welcome! Of course, now we ARE going to all have to call her Glitter Princess.............
-MissK
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

not all of us
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I like glitter princess, you can call her glitz for short :lol: Nila would love to be called Glitter Princess! Alas for him, he is stuck with "his royal birdiness".
Ps: turquoise Blue is the prettiest colour ever.
Chainy

Post by Chainy »

Glitz lol. Can you change a two year olds name? I having trouble getting it to step up every time,only had it for a few hours only. I'll post a pic today.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

What is her name?
It is probably a good idea to just let her settle in, give her lots of treats and let her set the pace.
Chainy

Post by Chainy »

Tiago. I think the little girl was an Aladdin fan. So I've had it 2 days, been with it from dawn til dusk. It doesn't bite my hand, it knows just to step up. Touches a ring when I ask. Lots of treat. Going to let it stay at home for the week and start taking next week. Sound solid?
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Tiago sounds like a very nice bird.
Is s/he playing with toys and exploring? I just play everything by ear with my guys, if s/he seems settled and enjoying your company next week, s/he will probably like going to work.
Do you know the sex? If not can we just pick one to refer to him/her as on the forum, pleeeaaassssse, "it" sounds too impersonal for my taste. :wink:
Chainy

Post by Chainy »

Her name is Tiago. She is coming to work with me and loves it. She doesn't make a peep in the truck. She doesn't really play with toys. Bought several but not interested. She loves unscented toilet paper. The only thing she plays with. She grooms my hair but is still afraid of hands. She knows "touch" and working with that to get closer and closer to my hands. I'm with her 12 hours a day. It's only been a week and I've seen massive positive changes. She's really smart.