New to the Ringneck Breeding World

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Pepperkay

New to the Ringneck Breeding World

Post by Pepperkay »

Hello everybody

I am new to your forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I live in Central Queensland, Australia, and have only just started to get involved and serious about breeding ringnecks. This came about in August last year when my grandfather died. I inherited a couple of his birds and I feel by taking up his interest, and now mine, I get to keep a piece of him forever. I wasn't left any of the awesome mutations that you all talk about, I wish. I have just got some blue's, green's, lutino's, silvers, grey and a couple of lacewings.

I have been reading alot of topics and my head is just spinning with all these mutations. I can't wait to learn off you all and hopefully some of you will want to take me under their wing and teach me a thing or two.

I have added to my flock and brought myself a male and female violet lacewings. My question is will I let these two breed, they are unrelated, or will I put them with other colours, if so what others colours will I put them too to get a better variety of colour?

Also my grandfathers blue lacewing male and silver female breed last year and we got a grey lacewing and a blue lacewing, I have no idea what they are yet. What colours would I pair them up with?

I also have a male violet pied and a female violet coming, I can't wait to receive them. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted a violet ringneck.

Thank you for listening and hopefully I get to hear back from some of you soon with your suggestions :D
zentoucan

Re: New to the Ringneck Breeding World

Post by zentoucan »

find the following people
Missk,
in the air,
elieelectrons and Skye crew. they should be able to answer your questions on mutations or guide you to someone who can.
if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see a window on your right that says "jump to" select a forum and go to breeding IRN or IRN breeders for advise.