Greetings from Sydney

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Tonyo

Greetings from Sydney

Post by Tonyo »

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you my story. My name is Anthony. I've always been a bird lover ( a bird nerd if you like to call it that) and know my birds quite well but due to unfortunate circumstance last year , I had to sell my home and rent somewhere so I was restricted to what I can keep. I had a wonderful lovebird called Piggy . Then one day escaped and got out and flew away. I never saw him again. For months I was longing for a bird companion and I thought I will never find a bird like Piggy.
On 24th of Dec 2013. I would start my day going to my usual coffee shop to get my coffee. The barista all of a sudden told me to look behind me we have a visitor and there it was, an green indian ringneck so I put him in a box and I ask the barista if I could keep if him/her , since it was his shop not mine. he said yes . Scared and stressed , I took him home put him a quiet area in a cage. Right away he/ started eating the honey stick. I fell in love with him/her right away. Since I don't believe in luck or coincidence. I believe everything has a purpose so my daughter appropriately named him/her MIRACLE....
TiffandKari

Re: Greetings from Sydney

Post by TiffandKari »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sad to hear about Piggy, it's really hard to lose a bird :( :cry:

What a lovely story about the green ringneck though! A miracle just before Christmas :D I'm so glad he/she found you! :D I'm sure you and Miracle will become closer and closer as time goes by, your daughter is good at naming pets too! I hope you all are well and best of luck with your new ringneck :mrgreen:
Tiff and Kari

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hallo and welcome, greetings form Birmingham England. Providence is good.
Tonyo

Post by Tonyo »

Thanks guys ,
trying to figure out how to upload some photos. Following the Picassa site but, it seems to have different format to mine. As soon as I learn how to do it , I'll be posting photos

Regards,
Anthony
TiffandKari

Post by TiffandKari »

You need to be a member for a few days (I'm not 100% sure on how many, sorry) and have made 10 posts before you can post pictures, due to lots of spam recently. I recommend joining a photo sharing site like photobucket, that way you can upload what pics you want to be on this forum, copy the IMG link they provide for your pic and ta dah! You will have just posted a photo :) I hope this helps!

I'm new to the forum too but things are easy to figure out once you've been a member for a few days, everyone's friendly and informative :)

Some useful links:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =4&t=15060 < a thread explaining how to post photos
http://photobucket.com/
Tiff and Kari

zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

did you try and find out if this IRN was an escaped companion bird as there is a good chance that it's somebody's bird. I wouldn't be comfortable with myself, if I didn't exhaust all avenues to find this birds owner. I taught my children that just because you find something, that doesn't make it yours. There is no different between a lost mobile phone or a lost Bird. it's not yours to keep. How did you feel when piggy escaped?. Then you should understand how "miracle's true owner would be feeling".
yeah it's hard to lose a bird. But?