Hey from Sweden!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Mitchan

Hey from Sweden!

Post by Mitchan »

Hey! I've been checking this forum out before, but I've never actually posted anything, so I thought I'd do that now. :)
I live in Sweden and go to a natural resources school where I study Animal Care, which is lots of fun (my school's also got four huge aviaries with different parrots, so that's wonderful!), and I've got two Senegal parrots (Alaska & Miley) and two IRNs (Nicko, a 15 year old green male, and Meg, a 1 year old lutino female) :)
They're all lovely, and also huge pains in the butt, but that does not bother me in the slightest ;) :lol:
They're also all fully flighted, which is just as fun for me as it is for them, and I've got a pretty big bird room full of toys and ropes and branches and two whole trees and whatnot, which is probably more fun for me than it is for them, since I spend a LOT of my time and money doing and buying stuff for them and what they end up playing with is, like, toilet paper rolls and my computer keyboard.... ;)

IRNs aren't that common here in Sweden, and especially not as pets/companions, so I am obviously very excited about having adopted the adorablest two ever ;)

It's too bad new users can't post photos, but if you'd like, you can check out my parrot blog (mostly photos), poicephalus.tumblr.com :mrgreen:

Anyways, I just thought I'd introduce myself - hello there! :D
InTheAir

Re: Hey from Sweden!

Post by InTheAir »

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
You're school sounds great!

Regards,
Claire
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

Thanks! :)
And yeah, it is a pretty great school! I, having kind of strongish opinions now and then hahaha, was very pleasantly surprised! I mean, I don't agree with everything they do/say/think/whatever, but that's kind of expected ;)
MissK

Post by MissK »

Welcome from USA!

I know what you mean about the toys. I gave Rocky some fun stuff, but here the day after Christmas he's back to playing with old string all day. :lol:
-MissK
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Welcome from Belgium/UK/Saudi Arabia :D All countries with ring necks :lol: :lol:
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
Mitchan

Post by Mitchan »

Thanks!

MissK wrote:I know what you mean about the toys. I gave Rocky some fun stuff, but here the day after Christmas he's back to playing with old string all day. :lol:
Haha, yeah they always do seem to like the most simple of things, but I guess that just makes it a bit more fun to watch them play with something you've put a bit more effort or money in ;)