hi all a new irn owner here

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

carver

hi all a new irn owner here

Post by carver »

hello all

i just had a lovely gray ringneck given to me along with cage and all the toys :lol: only prob. is the lady that is giving her to thinks Mr Buzz was abused before she got him his flight wings were buctched and hhis tail feathers are just now coming back.. he is very shy and will trun his back to me when i talk to him but after a while he will look at me but stay in the back of his cage.. i know this is going to be a long haul in gaining his trust .. this is not my first bird . my first was an umbrella cockatoo named Ms. Buttons .. yep u guessed it she loved to pluck buttons from shirts and then hand them back to u lol
any help any one can give me on helping Mr.Buzz would be greatly apprecated. is there anyhting other then choclate that i shold not feed him i do know he loves granny smith apples and grapes . he is on a pelleted diet with seeds ..

again ty for any help i get lol

Carver :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Welcome and greetings. Do stay and perch awhile! Try searching our old posts for anything having to do with behavior and do not hesitate to ask ask ask!

Dani and Prinny
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

It may take a long time but these birds will come around. It just needs work, Dont give up, and welcome to the boards
natalie

welcome

Post by natalie »

Welcome to u and mr Buzz. I too adopted a timid irn and with patients and lots of time he is slowly come around.Other members who have had their irn's longer than me have come really far with there babys. There are some really useful posts, just take some time to read through them.Welldone you for taking the poor little fella. Your just about to make urself a really loyal buddy with mr buzz, once he realises how wonderful u r that is.
Posts some pics if u can, we love pics here. natalie :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
carver

Mr.Buzz

Post by carver »

well today is the day Mr.Buzz comes home with me from work lol i will post the pics as soon as i get him settled in and he LETS be :D .. ty all for all the replys and i will keep all updated on his progress .. i spent a few mins with him yesterday just talking to him

john
gjwolf

Carver

Post by gjwolf »

Sounds like your ahead on it Carver, best of luck w/ the bird. Anything not good for you isn't good for the bird for the most part. I'm sure you'll do great w/ it.

Cheers,

G

www.pawsandfeathers.net
carver

a pic of Mr. Buzz

Post by carver »

well this is as close as he would let be get to him before he started going nutz lol
i am sure before long i will get a better one he got a special treat for just letting me take a pic and it was a strawberrie he loved it

will keep all updated as things go along and ty all for all the support

Carver

http://www.gameroom.com/mastercarver/pi ... 000000.jpg

http://www.gameroom.com/mastercarver/pi ... 000003.jpg

guess that is how you do the pics lol not sure if there is another way plez let me know ty all
carver

Post by carver »

ss that link des not work i need to find out how ss all
carver

Mr.Buzz

Post by carver »

well mr buzz was out of his cage today for most of the day i just let him come and go as he pleased he did get his fav. fruit today watermelon i found out he loves it better then apples . this is going to be his special treat when things go right with him i wouild love to post pics but not sure how i uploaded them to my storage site but the links wont let it open any help on that would be great thanks agin

carver
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family carver. cool you have found a food mr buzz loves. My IRN will do ANYTHING for melon seeds, I take the seeds out of canteloup and rockmelon and dry them out, their absolute total favorite treat.

like the others say there is an extensive database/history of posts relating to your issue, use the search button up top to find past posts on the subject/keywords of taming, training, scared, biting etc.

Cheers! and good luck keep in touch with your progess and pics if you can :D we love pics.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*perches and tucks her right talon in for a quick cat nap*
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*munches happily on a peice of fruit* It's great here... :D

Dani and Prinny
carver

well he loves my wife not me

Post by carver »

well it is offical Mr.Buzz loves my wife she got a kiss from him today and he whisles at her all day even takes food from her hand lol go figure i clean the cage and feed him and she gets the kisses lol but thats ok i will make him come around one day
carver

a pic of Mr. Buzz

Post by carver »

ok let me try this again lol

http://www.gameroom.com/mastercarver/pics/filename.html

this is mr. buzz out of his cage lol i am making some progress with him
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

You sure have a cutie there! Love the color

Dani and Prinny
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*eyes Dani's fruit and decides she'll either share or get beaked*
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*gives Kaela a dirty look and IRN growls over the fruit* Mine! :lol: (just doing what my Prinny does :wink: )

Dani and Prinny
carver

Post by carver »

ok all plez share the fruit or i will turn mr buzz loose on the fruit lol
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

hehehe I think Prinny could whip mr. Buzz...my girl is one heck of a monster when she wants to. Now Baby on the other hand...that might be a fair fight there!

Dani and Prinny
carver

first blood

Post by carver »

well first blood was drawn today luckily it was not mine :lol: it was my wifes ..she was feeding mr.buzz fruit and moved a little to fast and he got her on the tip of her finger :lol: he must have thought he was going to be punished cause he went stright to his cage and lowered his head .. she talked to him for a little while and then he was back and eating fruit out of her hand again . so things are going good for her but not me he still goes as far away from me as he can get lol

carver
carver

a job well done for Mr.Buzz

Post by carver »

well last nite was a big nite for mr buzz he went to my wife and was on her shoulder for all most an hr. he nipped her a few times but not hard .. love bites as she called them it sounds like he is tring to say mommy .. he was chripping a lot while on her shoulder not very loud but it was a happy chirp .. he got special treats from her and from me too he is turning out to be a great friend .to her anyway lol

carver
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

Try handling him some when your wife isn't there, and then Mr. Buzz will at least have a little bond with you too. Our female is such a Daddy's Girl, but when he's not around, she'll be just as sweet with me.
Rena
carver

food theif

Post by carver »

well it seems like i have afood theif in the house. last nite my wife was eatting a soft pretzel ( no salt ) Mr Buzz climbed down if ladder and up her chair and took half of her pretzel from her plate and proceded to eat it all . he then goes to her glass of water and gets a drink and then steals a peice of ice :lol: .. after all that he gets close to her face and starts giving the love bites again and then she says kiss kiss mommy and the crazy bird satsrs kiss her like crazy :lol: i am tring to get the pics posted

he got good treats for his loving actions

Carver
silvercloud

Post by silvercloud »

He's really fallen for your wife. I hope you and him will be friends.
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

That's sooo cute, they do some abosolutely crazy stuff sometimes :lol:
Rena
carver

Mr.Buzz

Post by carver »

a big step today for me anyway :lol: Mr.Buzz started taking food from my hand i must be doing something right :shock: :lol: .. he did peirce my wifes upper lip last nite so his punshment was back to the cage and no treat .. he knows he did wrong and about 2 hrs later he was back out and kissing her just like a child saying i am sorry mommy :lol: but was very proud of him for at least taking food from me guess he is coing around

Carver
carver

Mr Buzz

Post by carver »

more exciting news :lol: Mr. buzz now does step ups on my finger but only in the cage if i move to bring him out he will jump off :lol: but it is a big step for me and him . i have found a food he loves and it is honey dew mellons i can place a few pecies in a bowl and set it by me at the pc here and he will jump to the table and sit there and eat it or sling some of it at me :lol: i think all the hard work and time has done great thanks to all the input form every one on here

ty all
John :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

That is so good! You guys are making great progress...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

lol Dani... I hate when my Baby growls at me!

Hes such an ****
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Aren't they all Mik???

Hehehe

Dani